My Cat Ate A Raw Chicken Leg!!!!

brendis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am a little panicked because I had chicken legs in the sink. And while I was at work my cat ate one of the chicken legs? I am very scared he might get sick. He ate his dinner totally fine but I will not feed him anything anymore for today.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sounds like your cat likes raw food ;) raw chicken on the bone is much safer than cooked. I wouldn't be worried but you may see change in stool over the next 48 hours if he isn't used to eating raw

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would keep an eye on him just to be safe, but I really don't think he would get sick from eating a chicken leg that is human food grade. How do I know? I've had five eight week old kittens and their nursing mother eat a raw chicken leg as well, also by accident (the momma stole it from the sink and took it to the room where the kittens were). They ate it all before I realized it but not one of them got sick and they were all fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brendis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like your cat likes raw food ;) raw chicken on the bone is much safer than cooked. I wouldn't be worried but you may see change in stool over the next 48 hours if he isn't used to eating raw
I will definitely keep an on him. He is currently sleeping like he alway does. Thank you for answering back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brendis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would keep an eye on him just to be safe, but I really don't think he would get sick from eating a chicken leg that is human food grade. How do I know? I've had five eight week old kittens and their nursing mother eat a raw chicken leg as well, also by accident (the momma stole it from the sink and took it to the room where the kittens were). They ate it all before I realized it but not one of them got sick and they were all fine.
I am amazed as how 8 week old kittens ate it. But I am happy they didn't get sick. I just hope my Oliver does well and we don't have issues.

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am amazed as how 8 week old kittens ate it. But I am happy they didn't get sick. I just hope my Oliver does well and we don't have issues.
Yes, that was my exact reaction! I stayed up all night watching them afterwards, just worried they would get sick.:nervous: