my cat and the paranormal (ghosts)

smokepeachangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know if my cat needs to be exercised or he needs to see a cat shrink or what but we noticed a change in him about a week ago and it hasnt improved he is a cuddler a lap cat a purrer a sweetie now he comes in our room lurking very carfeully and jumps at everything i mean in the air twisting and turning arching the back freaked the freak out he has gotten so scared he barely comes to me any more he doesnt purr any more and now his behavior is in the living room as well as the bedroom I worry for him but idk what to do at first we thought it was a little funny but its getting worse and im concerned he backs in to a corner and when I try to pick him up and comfort him he digs his claws in my and hurts me

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by SmokePeachAngel

I don't know if my cat needs to be exercised
Ah, here is perhaps the problem - and the solution?
Or perhaps a cat pal.

Otherwise you can also try with a Feliway diffuser.
Setting on a nice, calming music...

Setting on tv, or a video with fishes on... Like an aquarium, you know.

Effective is to set up a bird food station just outside the window. So he can look at them, while they are entirely safe. They very soon discover he cant get at them, being behind the glas...

Best if you try with a combination.

Good luck!

ps. That said, there ARE people believing cats can detect ghosts. We had threads about this too. But most often these cats isnt behaving like yours is doing.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did anything change a week ago? A new appliance, furniture, carpet? Did you change perfume or shampoo? Cats do get upset when there's a break in the flow of things.

rarepuss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
About glass - they don't learn!
. I have huge plate glass floor to ceiling balcony doors and if anything is outside my cat s lunge at the glass with a huge thud!

Could be a medical condition. I remember seeing a video with a cat seeming catching something with nothing there, skin rolling, biting tail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smokepeachangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think anything has changed in the past my female cat would stare under the bed but only for a short time and walk away then she stopped and now he is still freaked out over a week later I dont know what to do with him he freaks out and ends up trying to run and hurts us and possibly himself cause he backs up real fast jumping and falls off of beds lands on stuff or hits the walls with his bad leg (I dont know if that hurts him though if it does he never expresses it) Im worried cause both of them (female doesnt like being around male) were standing int he room starring under the bed last night ???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smokepeachangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol my male cat is dumb like that my female just falls off of shelves :p

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has a bad leg? Has he re-injured it lately? A cat in pain can act aggressive or scared.

Cat senses are keener than human senses in many respects--we're better at shape and color, but they are extremely sensitive to movement. If your cat sees something you can't see and reacts to it, it might seem like odd behavior to you.

sueg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, does he otherwise appear healthy? I ask this as quite often the first signs of illness are changes in behaviour. A week before my cat showed any physical symptoms of UTI, he became very needy and whiny, he kept wanting cuddles and meowing and quite sloppy even though he was eating normally. so keep an eye out for any signs of illness or take him to the vet for a checkup. x