My Cat And Our (new? Cat)

Skullvapor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hello,
My parents recently adopted another cat after finding her on the streets and worrying for her safety (It was clear she wasn’t a stray but instead left by her owner all though my parents put up signs and asked around our apartment building looking for the human she owned). Their solution to keeping the cat (after getting the cat checked by a vet obviously) was to lock my cat in their room with his house and let that cat roam free and then to switch that every day. I worry my cat isn’t happy and I wonder if there is something they can do to make the transition easier. Attached is the video my parents sent us introducing the cats to us. Does the first cat (my cat) look happy? His name is Max. That’s another issue. He’s a male cat and she’s a female cat. I don’t know her name yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skullvapor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: we are taking the cat to a vet to see if it has a microchip!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skullvapor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
New update: the cat has a micro chip and that’s good because the above will no longer be a concern if the owner responds.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
839FFBA0-5EF2-48F7-A638-305A8F2BAE83.jpeg
Skullvapor, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
89A1ED0A-1DF0-45FF-BD66-6FE7EC6EDD3F.jpeg

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Bless your mom’s heart for taking her in and giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your furry family, how ever many there ends up being! Let us know what happens with this little stray!