My cat after being spayed does it look okay?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cindy.12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also it’s been 2 days and a half since her surgery

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tips don't let her mess to much with the wound. If she is one that does you could try a cone or vest. Just keep a eye on it for infection that's all you can tell if it's infected by it being hot and red or puss and smell. If you are worried at all send pictures to the vet they won't mind they are used to it.

cindy.12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks will do ! But to you does it look infected?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's only 2 days since she had it done so it will look sore it does not look infected to me, but I'm not a vet like I said the vet won't mind if you send a picture they won't even charge to put your mind at rest they would rather tell you there's nothing to worry about. She should be back to herself very soon.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks good, it came apart a little, but I have had many cats do that and it healed fine. That green mark is a tattoo to let others know she has been spayed, many cats have been opened up only to find they have been already spayed. If she will let you, you could apply a cat wound spray soaked on a rag (cats don't like the spraying sound) and gently swab the area to cleanse it or apply a little human antibiotic salve (with NO painkillers). The lump is normal, it is from internal swelling.

cindy.12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What spray would you recommend?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really, any wound spray for cats would be good, I get mine at farm supply stores like Tractor Supply or Orschelns. Wal-Mart or Target might even have it. Human triple antibiotic salve is good too, just make sure it doesnt have pain killers in it.