My car was just stolen!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My car was stolen today and I have to depend on this friend of mine across the street who is always mooching off of me for food and everything.. I have to have her take me to the store and take my son to school

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
bummer to hear about your car!!! I'm sorry you're going through this hard time...i know it has to be frustrating to depend on someone that irritates you already! lol hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do too. It's really unerving because things keep running through my head like what if one of the kids get sick and I have to take them to the ER in the middle of the night? How am I going to go grocery shopping?
Its not like I can afford another car right now. Im not working and my mom is paying the bills as it is so her and my dad cant get me a car....... *sigh* life sucks right now

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have merged the "This Sucks" thread with this one, as they deal with the same topic.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you followed Gail's advice and called the dealership and followed up on the other things she mentioned? I wouldn't just take this laying down. Make him pay!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I don't understand how he could sell a car that's in your name. I'm almost certain that couldn't happen here in Canada. If the car is in my name, I have to be the one to sign over the ownership.

That is so unfair! What an a$$ he is. I agree that I would try to find a lawyer and not take this lying down.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the business its a voluntary surrender or voluntary repossession but if your name is on the title it can't stick. In addition this will adversely affect your credit rating for SEVEN YRS. Please contact the dlr and or financial institution for an update.