My Calico's Delivery

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad patches is ok.
Maybe you can foster some babies? Babies that need to suckle on a mom? Just curious is she a pure breed of some sort? Just wondering if she were a domestic cat why you would want to breed her. There are so many cats little kittens that need homes

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soooo sorry to hear about ur loss!!That must be heart wrenching for u especially to find the bodies later on...

I rescued a stray pregnant cat last Feb from a blizzard and I wanted to get her to a foster home where the people would be experienced with cats having babies cuz I never had to deal with that and wouldn't know what to do.

I was soooo SCARED that she'd give birth in my apt and that something'd go wrong and she die or the kittens dies. I KNEW I couldn't handle it if any of the kittens died.

WELLLLL, before I could get Sweetie to the foster mom, Sweetie gave birth to 5 kittens. She had them during the night and I'm deaf so I wouldn't have heard her so it was quite a surprise when I woke up to 5 kittens! I still THANK heavens that all were okay! So I have some ideas of what u must be going through...

I'm very sorry about this. I agree with Sicycat, maybe it'd be best to spay her since there are so many cats/kittens out there that needs a home... Also a good idea maybe there are some kittens out there that need to nurse? Maybe u can foster some as Sicycat suggested?

Hang in there!!
Pamela

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
PLEASE do not breed this cat again. The kindest thing to do is to spay her as soon as possible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

piercinggoddess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Patches has an appointment in 3 weeks to be spayed.

We have welcomed 2 kittens to our home. I adopted 2 kittens from the local Humane Society. We have yet to name them.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS on adopting 2 kittens into ur home! U, ur family and ur cat will be very happy with them.
U will have plenty of adventures and laughter with these kittens and cats.

Pls do post pics of the kittens with ur cat! We'd love to see them.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just to let you know the grief will push Patches into another heat cycle.Please keep her indoors until her spay so this tragic scenario does not get repeated. Losing kittens for a mom cat is a cause for great grief in most cats.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to hear you are getting her spayed. This is the best thing you could do for her
Congrats on the two new kittens! Yes please post pics

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by PiercingGoddess
Luckily she is an indoor cat.

She has taken to the new kittens nicely.
I'm glad she's had her checkup and that she's accepted the two new kittens. Best wishes with your crew of 4...the two kittens should keep you very busy this Fall!