My buddy Wingnut just died suddenly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salsanchips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Williamson County Animal Control just called me back. They do not have the resources to come out and trap whatever killed Wingnut. The guy I talked to said it was almost certainly a coyote. I told him I intend to kill it, if it comes back on my property, threatens my animals and I have a clear, safe shot at it. He said “go for itâ€.

I do not want to kill another animal. But, it came over my fence and killed my cat. That is not protecting territory. It is just aggression and it needs to be dealt with as such.

Had Wingnut cremated today. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m better now. Looking forward to my new little buddy, his name will be “Doodadâ€. Moonbat needs a companion bad.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Wingnut. He was a great little guy and it's clear how much he meant to you. What happened to him was tragic for you both (and of course Moonbat).

Even if you shoot the predator that killed Wingnut (and you won't be able to know that with certainty), there will be more. Unless you're willing to stand guard over Moonbat and Doodad while they're outdoors, you can't ensure that this won't happen again.

Why not look into building an outside enclosure for them? You can make it as big as you'd like (or as space allows). I'm building one in my yard for a feral kitty I've been caring for who needs to be relocated. I'm using the "Purrfect Fence" (www.purrfectfence.com). This particular fence system is expensive, but there are others available. If you've got some carpentry skills (and unfortunately, I don't) you can build your own. Do a search on TCS and you'll find pictures of enclosures that several members have built for their cats. Some include trees for climbing/scratching, even little ponds or fountains for cats who like running water
. If you think like a cat, you can come up with some terrific ideas to make the enclosure a kitty paradise (how about a fresh catnip patch...).

Because of your location and the variety of predators there, I would suggest putting a "roof" on the enclosure as well. Some use chicken wire panels. There are lots of options.

Just a thought.

Wingnut's life was ended far too soon, but he was happy and loved during his time here.
All the best to you and Moonbat & Doodad.