My Buddy Cat has a Broken Leg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bobbee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Buddy cats been home now for 4 days. Shes doinng so good.
Her leg kinda grosses me out a little. Since the vet fixed it, its kinda twisted and it just looks like it hurts like crazy. Shes walking on it kindof and shes taking it so well.
We are working on her diet now. Its easy since we have her in a crate she gets fed one small can of food aday. What will be hard is when she is out of her crate, because we have two other cats that we keep food down for all the time and they are skinny. I guess Im just going to have to get them used to a feeding time.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bobbee

My Buddy cats been home now for 4 days. Shes doinng so good.
Her leg kinda grosses me out a little. Since the vet fixed it, its kinda twisted and it just looks like it hurts like crazy. Shes walking on it kindof and shes taking it so well.
We are working on her diet now. Its easy since we have her in a crate she gets fed one small can of food aday. What will be hard is when she is out of her crate, because we have two other cats that we keep food down for all the time and they are skinny. I guess Im just going to have to get them used to a feeding time.
Thanks for the update! Cats really adapt to things like this amazingly well.

One small can of food a day in addition to her kibble? Or are you only feeding Buddy 3 oz of food a day? That is not enough. Cats need to lose weight VERY slowly. She needs more than that, even with her reduced activity.

Now would be a good time to start getting them all used to a schedule feeding routine.

bobbee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Buddy cat is doing awesome. She hasnt been messing with her insiscion and she goes back to the vet on Monday for her final checkup. Her attitude is back to her normal loving self just purring away. A few more days in the crate. I dont keep her in the crate all the time. When I can keep an eye on her I let her out to walk around and get some use out of her leg, the vet said it would be good for her to start walking on it.
As far as her diet. I giver her one small can of wet food in the morning before I go to work and then she gets a little bit (1/2 cup) of her dry food at dinner time. She normally doesnt finish all the dry food so I leave it in the crate with her and she will finish it when she gets hungry. She seems to do well with her eating times.
Im so glad that this incident didnt change her and make her mean, Ive heard of that happening to some cats. Shes my baby girl.

bobbee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So Buddy has the A-OK from the vet. her leg is healing perfectly. A few more days in the crate and she can roam the house again on Tuesday. I cant wait.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just read through this thread and what an amazing story. I am so happy for you and Buddy that she was able to keep her leg
. I hope she continues to heal well and I bet soon enough she will be back to normal and feeling great. You must be so excited for Tuesday to come quickly so you can let her out of the crate. It was a long haul but you and Buddy got through it together.
good luck on Tuesday