"My brush with fame"

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, one of my friends back in Seattle went to school with Kim Thayil (lead guitarist for Soundgarden) and I've sat around drinking many beers with Brad (my friend), Kim and Chris Cornell.

I share my tiny hometown with NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne, and Boston Celtics' Brian Scalabrine went to highschool in my hometown.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How could I forget these?

My friend studied under Jan Fennell, the original Dog Listener. She got Jan to come to the states to do a book signing in our city and another friend and I helped to organize the event. Jan asked my friend if we wanted anything in return for our help. I asked if we could take her out to lunch. I had 3 glorious hours sitting at a table with Jan Fennell discussing dogs, how she got into her practice in the first place, and actually challenged her knowledge of cats (she had virtually none, so I taught her some things).

I met Nathan Winograd (a leader in the no kill movement) at another book signing event in the city. Again, I volunteered and had about an hour in the lobby prior to people arriving to chat openly with him.

More book signings (just attended) and did the quick face to face with:
John Glen
Jimmy Carter
Madeleine Albright
Al Franken

And I was at a convention dinner with Bill Cosby as entertainer. He walked the room as he talked and happened to stop right behind me. He stood behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders for a couple of minutes as he did his routine.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know the show Whose line is it anyway? Or Don't forget the lyrics?

Yes I met Wayne Brady tonight and shook his hand and I was apart of his show. LOL We had front row seats for his comedy act here in NZ. I rushed off stage real fast and he came and gave me a hug

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Does anyone know the show Whose line is it anyway? Or Don't forget the lyrics?

Yes I met Wayne Brady tonight and shook his hand and I was apart of his show. LOL We had front row seats for his comedy act here in NZ. I rushed off stage real fast and he came and gave me a hug
Is he as nice as he seems? I love him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot to mention that my wife had John Kerry's mother as a girl scout leader for a year or so, back in the 60's.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I live in an area in NY riddled with celebrities...unfortunately I don't care enough to notice!! SO I am sure I see them all the time I'm just too busy to notice...

For example Donald Trump's golf course is like 5 minutes from my apartment.

Lets see...times I;ve acutally noticed...

I went to school where the NY Knicks praticed and one day I walked into the gym and bumped into these HUGE guys. I said ummm this isn't my yoga class and they were laughing but very nicely told me that my class was downstairs.
I went home and told my father what happened and he started to laugh because I didn't realized that my college was home to the knicks. Opps. They were very nice though.

Hillary Clinton made me late to work one day...I was leaving one of my private students enroute to another one when I got stuck behind these two black SUV's they pulled aside and waved me on to pass them and I looked back going there is no accident when I noticed they were following two ladies who were walking down the street. Hillary was out for a walk. I told my student what happened the next week and she said ohh that is because they live like down the road.

My fiance has seen TONS of celebrties since moving to this area...he has met most of the NY Yankees. And one day we were out to dinner (I was on crutches) and this guy came over to talk to me and said he hoped I feel better...I said thank you. and Joe was sitting there with his jaw on the floor apparently it was some big celebritity and to this day I still can't remeber who!!

I walked into Crispin GLover in Manhattan during the Halloween parade a few years ago. ...literally but he didn't notice since it was crowded in the street that day.

Let's see I'm sure I see them all the time...I just not looking for them. LOL

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I graduated high school with Jim Belushi, but really didn't know him.

In the late 70's I interviewed hockey player Bobby Orr for a book I was writing at the time. Through him I met Phil Esposito, Stan
Mikita and many other players.

I've also met Walter Payton, Burt Reynolds, Engelbert Humperdink, Fess Parker, Hugh O'Brien and Chris Sarandon.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

As a teenager, DH was offered a job by John Wayne Gacy. If you don't remember the story, he would entice teenage boys to his house by offering them a job, then kill them and bury them in his crawl space. I'm very glad DH declined the offer.
OMG! That's way too creepy. A cousin of mine was a detective on the Gacy case and to this day won't talk about it, it was so horrible.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Is he as nice as he seems? I love him!
Yeah he's really sweet. I was in a skit but I got really nervous and just stood there he ran over and started to wind me up like a robot so I had to do robot moves!
Half of his show was like singing and dancing, which I wasn't into as much! I think he's in CHCH tonight?

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When John Travolta was in my town( Mechanicsburg) he ordered pizza from the shop I was working at. It was while they were filming Lucky Numbers. It was something like 15 or 20 pies. 200 buck tip. I also met Sandra Bullock and Jesse James at the North West Arkansas airport 2 years ago this past weekend. They were standing at the luggage carousel waiting for their bags and I was waiting for mine. Turns out it was walmart week in Bentonville. Oh and in 1996 my aunt paid for me to come visit her in San Diego. It was also the week of the San Diego Comic Con. On the flight out there I sat next to Ron Garney( he used to be the artist on Captain America).