My british shorthair kitten mewing all night!

britishlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I need your help guys!!

I have a female British short hair cat 8 months now..and she is sleeping all day and all night she can't stop playing scratching several furniture and mewing!! We can't sleep for over a month now and i don't know what to do!!

Does anyone have any idea why she is doing this? I tried to put her food she is eating for few minutes and then again the same thing. Also i always open my bedroom door for her to come in and she is starting playing and scratching the bed and we can;t sleep at all!!!

This thing is happening around 3:00 in the morning every day!!! :(

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

britishlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello not yet!
But if it was from that she mewing only night?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she is likely in heat! Getting her spayed should help a lot!

And be sure to keep her inside until then. She can get pregnant any time now.

Last edited:

britishlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes i know:/ she is inside anyway.

ravynwriter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd definitely get her fixed. This should help a LOT.

Set aside play time before bed and play with her until she's literally panting if you can. Wear her out in the evening as much as you can before bedtime.

Most importantly, at night whatever you do, do not acknowledge her meowing. She's trying to get your attention, and every time you give it to her- to get up and feed her, to play with her, or even to tell her to knock it off- you are reinforcing the meowing. 

If you have too, get some earplugs, bury your head in your pillow, and IGNORE HER. So long as she doesn't sound as if she's in distress or pain, that is.

britishlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much for your answer!

I already tried what you said and definitely she is much better now!! We are playing a lot before sleep and then she is not wake up before me!

I hope to stay like this and maybe when she will grow up more she will be more calm down:)

Thanks for your advice:)))