My brave kitty

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I suffer from chronic pain and YY purrs exactly where it hurts. As a physician, the scientist in me wants to question this but I think there is much more to purring than we know!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've told this story here before, but not for a while.

I work in retail, and one day a man came in, with numerous tics and agitated mannerisms. I think he was suffering from something like Tourette's, but very very severe, he had trouble even getting a word out. I was very patient, but as he tried to talk to me, he just got worse and worse, and couldn't even stand still.

Sam was in the store with me, as he is many days. And in the four years I have had him, this is the ONLY time he's done this. He walked over to the man, watched him for a minute, then very very gently stood with his front paws on the man's thigh, as high as he could reach, very very gently, and shoved his head under the man's hand. Not stretching like if he were scratching, just reached up and stood there, very calmly, rubbing his head on the man's hand.

The man immediately calmed down, patted Sam, said "cute cat" (the first clear words he had been able to get out), and then was able to carry on with his questions, most of his agitation gone.

I was simply amazed. I know that cats can sense all sorts of things that we don't, the only explanation I can think of is that they see our auras.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bailey's one awesome kitty! That's great news!

Though getting her to keep her butt out of your face may pose a tough challenge.
I have NO clue why they do that.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sure was nice of Bailey!

Cats, and dogs too, have a funny way of sensing when something's wrong with their owner, ya know? My puppy dog,
Thunder
, died at 3:00 AM one morning, and that's when I had had CJ for a couple of weeks... well, I found my puppy dog, and I was very upset. I was crying and crying, and while my parnets went to take him away, my mom told me to go in my room and play with CJ while they removed him. I was in there, and I sat down on the floor, and just broke down and started crying, and CJ, who is normally playful no matter what, strolled gently up to me, climbed straight into my arms, which was unusual, and let me hug her. As she was close to my face, she started to lick my tears away, and she just sat in my lap the whole time I was in there. She was there for me, and I just love her to pieces for that! Cats are very attentive to their owners, as I have learned. They are just full of love!