TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Awww...I love Lucas!

He's got the prettiest eyes and jut looks like he's thinking of something funny to do. I'm so glad he's feeling better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Even whe i know he may be doing better because of the steroids, I'm happy because he looks happy. I know he needs to be on a lower dose, but I love seeing him doing so good

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto4kitties

Thank you! Even whe i know he may be doing better because of the steroids, I'm happy because he looks happy. I know he needs to be on a lower dose, but I love seeing him doing so good
As someone who takes steroids on a fairly regular basis, know that you are making the right decision. I feel so much better on steroids (in fact, better than I do even when I'm not in the midst of a flare-up of my disease) that the risks/side effects are worth the benefits. I know that there may be consequences down the road to my steroid use, but at least I feel good and can enjoy my life now. If there is no other option, then just be glad you are making him feel better.

I've always loved pictures of Lucus. He looks like such a sweet boy, and always so content, despite all his health problems!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I know sometimes steroids and othyer meds are necesary, I will see what can be done with my Lucas, I"m trying to do what's best fo him
My friend takes prednisone since she was 2 years old, because she has reumathoid arthritis and she is 27 and stil takes it everyday, she needs it, sometime you have to take them.

HUgs, Tammy

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you

I don't know, his Mom looked siamese and so did his dad, but they were all stray mixes.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These links worked and I could see the pictures! He is SUCH a doll!
I completely agree with Ms. Freya - he has the most amazing eyes - and DOES look like he's thinking of something funny to do!

Our Tuxie has to be on steroids for life. He responds to depomedrol.
The "good news" re: steroids in cats is that they generally tolerate them with long term use better than humans do. The main risk with kitties (most common problem) is diabetes. In people, it's brittle bones.

Continued for you and your beautiful boy!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Mr. Lucas does look like a happy boy!
He's such a sweetheart, I hope he stays well and keeps getting better, even if it means keeping him on the steroids. As you know, sometimes the benefits outweigh the risks.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know there is a possibility that lucas has to keep taking prednisolone, 'I just need to know that there is no other option or at least i want to be able to lowere the dose without him getting so sick.

HUgs to all

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucas is beautiful
I hope he feels better soon

lovewhiskers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, he is GORGEOUS, I am so happy he is feeling better, I know how upset and worried you have been over his health

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much! He is my sweet , darling boy. I love all my kitties the same, but Lucas is the one I rescued when he was just 3 weeks old and we have a special bond. And he has been so sick that he has required more attention than the others, but they are all so special to me and I love them

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always love seeing pics of your little Lucas.

He has been through so much, yet he looks happy and cute!

Keep up the good work Lucas boy!