My Bombay cat is small

Laura Burk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 1.6 year old bombay is a spayed female. She is very healthy and very active. She gets the zoomies every night. She is a real acrobat and is a constant joy. I do worry that she is still very small but well proportioned. The vet has said she is a very small cat but is physically fit. Is it normal for bombays to be on the small size? Everyone who sees her thinks she is still a kitten.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My 1.6 year old bombay is a spayed female. She is very healthy and very active. She gets the zoomies every night. She is a real acrobat and is a constant joy. I do worry that she is still very small but well proportioned. The vet has said she is a very small cat but is physically fit. Is it normal for bombays to be on the small size? Everyone who sees her thinks she is still a kitten.
Female cats are always smaller in size as compared to male cats. She has not reached maturity yet as for Bombay Cats, they mature at 2 years old. So, technically, she is still a kitten.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she a purebred Bombay? If so, you can ask the breeder what size her mother is.

But yeah some females are pretty small, I've had some that were only 5-6 pounds full-grown.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laura Burk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is a purebred but her parents are average size. I don't know about the siblings.