My blind from birth cat Jenny does amazing things!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
That's cute!  And Jenny obviously has good taste in "music" as well, she was ready to turn that card off in pretty short order!  LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She does have good taste in music, however i must mention that she is very attracted to ring tones and comes running to them!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adorable.

One of our members, Whitecatlover, used to have a blind kitty who loved to play fetch!  She had a foil style ball that crinkled and her kitty used to run after it following the sound, and then return to her via the sound of her voice. 

I haven't had a blind kitty, but my RB kitty Chynna became deaf with age, and we had to learn a new way to communicate.  Vibrations and sign language turned out to be quite effective.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Crpcheeta, jenny LOVES new FB friends, please let her or I know who you are on FB so we can give you a proper meow hello!  If you followed Jenny's posts on FB you will see that she sometimes has an outdoor life. Know that she is _highly_ supervised at all times, and never strays from us.  There are neither cars no predators where we take her, a small island off the coast of maine, and a tightly enclosed roof deck in NYC with constant supervision. :-)

Her first year on a beach, she figured out on day 2 or 3 that there was nothing to bump into, and she was sooo happy!

Stephanietx, than you!  We think she is adorable too! 

Natalie_ca, thanks for those stories! Jenny likes to play fetch too!

Last edited:

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Konstargirl, please do. and please "like" her and feel free to make a comment, she likes them! And if you say its from Konstargirl we will know who it is!  I have to read everything to her of course because she is blind!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw her navigate her way down the hallway... she kind of bumped against the couch to figure out where she was. Does she use her whiskers kind of like a human would use a cane to feel her way, or does she bump her head or shoulders against things?

It'd be interesting to see the differences between a cat like Jenny, who was born blind, and a cat who lost their sight in adulthood. Does Jenny find it easier to get around than a cat who has been able to see but now can't? Would a cat with acquired blindness learn the sames skills Jenny has or would they always be slower at it?

She's a smart one, though, isn't she? Figured out that card right away.