My Birdie is sick too

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise

Boiling is just a way to avoid charring it, it doesn't want to be crispy skinned, but provided you skin it, it doesn't really matter.
Another reason (which is how I learned it) was the liquid can be used to help puree the chicken, or to put on top of food to make it taste better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

birdie1953

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little Birdie won't eat anything. Not Turkey, chicken, baby food or fancy feast. She is uncomforable even after the pain killers. This is new. I'm not going to let her be in pain.

She keeps looking at me like>"  when are yo going to fix this" and I can't. My vet is coming in the morning and my heart is breaking.  She is my constant. The one who greats me and she got me thru some bad times. I know I couldn't fix her, but ....

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise

My little Birdie won't eat anything. Not Turkey, chicken, baby food or fancy feast. She is uncomforable even after the pain killers. This is new. I'm not going to let her be in pain.

She keeps looking at me like>"  when are yo going to fix this" and I can't. My vet is coming in the morning and my heart is breaking.  She is my constant. The one who greats me and she got me thru some bad times. I know I couldn't fix her, but ....
I'm so sorry to hear she's not doing well this evening. I know it won't be of much comfort, but when the toxin levels go up, they aren't in pain as much as they feel like they have a really bad flu. In other words, really crappy. They can also get stiff and have trouble walking. Lucky looked like he was walking on stilts his last day. So, the pain killers may not have an effect. 

I'm crying for you right now. We know deep inside but we never want to acknowledge it until we have no choice in the matter. Love her as much as you can right now, and keep her comfortable. I would make sure food and water are available but if you've made up your mind, then don't push the food. Just let her know it's there.

Sending you hugs and you will be in my thoughts tonight and tomorrow.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of love to you and Birdie! :hugs:

birdie1953

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But her pancreus is inflamed and she is in some pain. WE thought it might resovle but it hasn't. She isn't getting any better from here.

birdie1953

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hoping Birdie is comfortable thru the night. I appreciate all of your notice. It is nice to not be in a vacume.

birdie1953

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You have little tuxedo cats as well. Thank you for listening.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart & prayers are with you & Birdie.  I pray you both have a peaceful,quiet & comfortable night.    

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I went through this only a couple months ago, and I remember it like yesterday. If I can use that to help you, even if it's just helping toward the end or lending an ear (eye?), then it's worth it. Just hold her and love her as much as you can, and let her know you are there. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Hugs to you and Birdie. I'm so sorry for what you are both going through. [emoji]128144[/emoji]

dbljj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel for you as we'll. had to have Tigger put down Oct 18, that day I knew I had put it off more than long enough. You will be in my heart and prayers.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Crying as I am reading this whole thread. My heart is crying along with you. I am so sorry you are going through this pain. It is a pain that I would not wish on anyone.
Just love your Birdie and make her comfortable. Let her know she is loved and will be missed.
Believe me, I feel your pain.
So truly sorry.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read about your beautiful birdie. She really is sweet.
Is it now just a matter of keeping her comfortable? My thoughts are with you.
Hugs.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
May you have had a comfortable night together.    My heart is right there with you both, tears in my eyes, willing Birdie to be comfortable and feeling safe in this precious time with you.     

birdie1953

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet is coming again today. Her ears are up, but she hasn't eaten in two days except a few pieces turkey. Her pancreus is inflamed and she is not likely to get any better. It doesn't seem fair to keep her here now.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry. RIP dear sweet Birdie. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Status
Not open for further replies.