My biological clock is ticking....LOUDLY!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The snooze button

I can relate somewhat! My SO really wants kids and lots of them, but he's not the one who gets to choose how many babies I have to carry and give birth to
Kids are great, but I just think about all the time I spend relaxing with the kitties in peace and quite

Don't believe every study you read without reading between the lines.....

*50% of all marriages end in divorce* the truth: those studies only count the number of marriages that took place that year and the number of divorces that took place that year. Those divorces happen to people that were just married that year, and ALL those other people that have been married for 50+ years. It's not a fair study at all.

*Those who lived together before marriage are more likely to get a divorce within the first 5 years of marriage* the truth, studies have shown that marriage often ends within the first 5 years. If a couple has lived together for a few years before getting married, doesn't that increase their chances of getting a divorce within five years? That's a total of 8 years together!

Studies can easily be changed to prove whatever you want them to prove if you leave details out. If you both love each other and care about each other that's all that matters. It's a partnership not just a marriage (some piece of paper)!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my biological clock got smashed a few years ago
I have no desire to have children....so no I won't baby-sit, Courtney!!

you'll be great parents when you do decide it's time though

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I know the feeling... except I'm 30 and I have only been dating my boyfriend for a few months. Still I can't shake up the feeling that I want kids, especially since I am not getting any younger

But I knew I was really in trouble the day I went to visit a friend who had just given birth. She told me all about her 27 hours of labor, the difficult delivery, the blood loss, etc. and it didn't scare me at all. I was still really jealous that she had such a precious little girl.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will agree that statistics can be made for whichever side you are on. And they can't include the break ups of those living together, cause the people are not "divorced" on paper. It could be higher then 50%.

At our son's wedding this past weekend one of our nieces who have a 8 month old - he originally wanted 10 kids! (insane) - now when we question if he still wants a lot - you should see the look on his face
- he didn't realize how demanding and time consuming one baby is

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

I know the feeling... except I'm 30 and I have only been dating my boyfriend for a few months. Still I can't shake up the feeling that I want kids, especially since I am not getting any younger

But I knew I was really in trouble the day I went to visit a friend who had just given birth. She told me all about her 27 hours of labor, the difficult delivery, the blood loss, etc. and it didn't scare me at all. I was still really jealous that she had such a precious little girl.
Doesn't help in my situation. Lauren had Garrett in 8 hours-AND he was her first!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As if I wasn't antsy enough already about getting pregnant again... now there's this thread and a friend on another forums (who was using BC) and just found out it failed! Time to seduce DH again.
and hope for the best.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can relate a little
I love kids, and when I was younger I wanted a big family. But the older I get, the more I realize that's just not a good idea, with the way things are.

But I definitely want one, possibly two, and I can't help but feel that little pang when I see a particularly cute little thing
I'm only 25, and Jess and I will probably adopt once we get the house and get settled & stable, so I guess it's not really a biological clock I hear ticking.... but some sort of ticker is going, for sure