My beloved cat Will is gone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much. I pray that Percy comes home safe, too! I am such a mean Meowmie..I blocked the cat entrance to the garage, so Will is locked in tonight. He doesn't roam at night anyhow, but it feels cruel to clip his wings like that.

I don't see how I can bring him in all day, since we are gone at work, and he would have to be locked away from the other kitties at first. He would be in a house for the first time, all alone.

I do plan another visit to the neighbors, to let them know he is home safe. I think I will end up leaving him outside, but it will be so difficult. And I know you must be just sick over Percy leaving again. If only I could fence in the full 4 acres with cat fence...then Will and I could both be happy!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to read that he is home. Do you have a collar for him??? If not perhaps he could get used to one that has a bell on it?? There has been a tom hanging around my house alot lately-looks well fed so I don't know if its a wanderer too!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Glad to read that he is home. Do you have a collar for him??? If not perhaps he could get used to one that has a bell on it?? There has been a tom hanging around my house alot lately-looks well fed so I don't know if its a wanderer too!!
I never thought of that! I have never put a collar on a cat, until my current babies Jasmine and Blue, so don't have much experience. Are they really safe for an outside cat?!? I think he would like it, because he likes to feel special, and connected to us. Like when dh put an old blanket in the garage, Will started sleeping on it. Then we put a box from Christmas out there, and Will started sleeping in the box. He would probably like a little collar from us to wear, and then I can put my phone # down in case he is visiting somewhere else.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just caught up with this thread & I'm so happy to read the great news!
The bad boy just took a little jaunt...checking out the 'hood, huh?

I'm so glad he's home!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a follow-up link if anyone wants to see more pics...I am trying to bring Will inside. I hope he will be an in and out cat. Some of my fosters are gone, and it just seemed like the time to try.

I still haven't put a collar on him...around here I worry he could get hung up, even with a break away. And since his 8 days away in January, I think he is staying closer to home!
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...=1#post1105245
For those of you missing kitties, don't give up hope...they may be out there still trying to come home!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I use is breakaways-bright colored ones too!! I found one in my neighbors yard and another I haven't found. bobber is the one that they come off of-bakkers stay on. Bakker doesn't really meow so the bell on the collar tells me where he is!!

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sorry I am so late to this post, but was so glad when I got to the happy ending!

Welcome home, Will!!!!

Have you considered one of those electronic fences. I don't know how expensive they are, or if they work well, or if they are okay to use with cats. It was just a thought.

I know the feeling of relief when my foster, Fiona came back. I am so glad for you.

I know you said Will was neutered. Someone ought to tell him going out as a consultant is NOT acceptable.