My beloved cat has been struck ill

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry to say they did those tests and they say that's not what's wrong with him and that its most likely something that cannot be cured I'm sorry but that's what came up in the results.

manemelissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor guy. He looks like my brother's cat Sassy did before we had her euthanized. He does look like he' in pain, and your vet was wrong. If a cat is not acting their normal selves then they don't feel well/are uncomfortable/in pain.

I know you'll make the best choice for you, the others of the household, and your little guy. I'm sorry this is all happening so fast for you.  <3

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Ashen my heart goes out to you. I understand about not being able to do anything when your beloved pet is sick. It breaks my heart but try to remember that you gave him 16 yrs and have given him the love he may not have gotten anywhere else.

He is a beautiful boy. Prayers sent for you and Simba.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you describe at all what the vet did to come to the conclusion that he does not have any urinary issues?

What did they do to make him feel better? Anything? Any meds? If so, what?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The problem here is that clearly the original poster loves this kitty very much, but others are responsible for travel and funds. I would assume that if kitty saw a vet, it was only a physical and no blood work, etc. testing was done. We don't know the location, but clearly either the issue is an old school vet or people unwilling to pay for proper medication to treat nausea, stimulate appetite, or the other steps that can be taken to make kitties more comfortable during palliative care. :heart3:

Ashen, I'm so sorry others don't feel the same way about this kitty being a part of the family that you do. :rub: You are among people who do understand. It must be very frustrating for you. Well - heartbreaking. :hugs:

I assume they will not pay to have kitty euthanized? As StephenQ said, to do nothing is pretty cruel. :( Perhaps you can take some steps to help your kitty, just in case this isn't incurable cancer or something?

Can you boil chicken? Will he eat if you assist feed? Offer bits of food in your finger? Put it in his mouth? Can you mash it up? Or do you have a blender or food processor? Can you buy a baby feeding syringe? What about a syringe for liquids, even to just help him with hydration? Water?

I will post recipes to homemade nutritious glop you can maybe make? And a hydrating water like pedialyte.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for not updating this recently. Sadly Today my dear beloved Simba was "put to sleep". After some more results came back it was determined he had kidney failure. I had tried so hard to do everything, all of your suggestions and for a while it seemed like he was going to pull through (before we knew what it was). I stayed with him through the while ordeal and I didnt let him suffer.y little baby passed away happy not even complaining on the ride over. He will be missed. Even now as I write Im sobbing. My little Sim was a true friend. I will miss him so much. Thank you all so much for your help. I. Cant believe hes gone.

manemelissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you had to make that tough choice to put Simba down. He is in a better place now and is no longer in pain. Think of all of the good times you've had together and try to remember him the way he was before he was sick! The hardest part about loving something/someone is having to let go. <3

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for not updating this recently. Sadly Today my dear beloved Simba was "put to sleep". After some more results came back it was determined he had kidney failure. I had tried so hard to do everything, all of your suggestions and for a while it seemed like he was going to pull through (before we knew what it was). I stayed with him through the while ordeal and I didnt let him suffer.y little baby passed away happy not even complaining on the ride over. He will be missed. Even now as I write Im sobbing. My little Sim was a true friend. I will miss him so much. Thank you all so much for your help. I. Cant believe hes gone.
I'm very sorry for your loss.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this news. It is never an easy decision to make, but I am sure you did the right thing so he didn't suffer. On behalf of the moderating team we send you our condolences and sympathy. In accordance with TCS policy I shall now close this thread. I hope that when you feel ready, and you do not need to rush, you can open a tribute thread for him on our 'Crossing the Bridge' forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.