My beautiful baby boy Rascal.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mikki has definitely changed as she is much more clingy, however she is ok... eating is great .... howling is less. Bittersweet that she barely sat on my lap when Min was here (total daddy's girl) but now cuddles in my arms in bed at night but that has been helpful to me since Minnie was my lil bed partner and cuddler.

yoohoora

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh ConiKat, my heart goes out to you.  I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Rascal.  It really does hurt to lose our furry family members.  It takes a long time to grieve it, and sometimes our human friends and family don't understand the depth of the loss.  But we do here.  *hugs*

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you. We just lost our Darcy to FIP an hour ago.  FIP is a  HORRIBLE disease.  It's so not fair that kittens should have to suffer so much and never get to grow up.

batiste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm new(er) to this forum but wanted to take a moment to say "I'm sorry".  Man oh man... there's not much one can say right now.  Time will help ease the pain, but I know your Rascal will never be forgotten.  This stuff makes me teary-eyed.  So sorry ConiKat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Batiste,
Thank you for your kind thoughts and comments. Sadly all of us have lost babies in the last few months. I don't know why, and one new person lost her cat today from FIP as well. Sometimes I think the grief we feel as cat lovers is worse than for people because you can see that something is wrong, but they can't tell you anything!
I think my little guy would have looked much like yours eventually. Which is another part of the sadness, because you'll never get to see them all grown up, happy and healthy. It's been tough all around, and so hard to feel any Holiday spirit with so much grief. Even worse, I nearly lost my husband to a totally unexpected heart attack in the middle of all of this. Geez!!!!
Trying very hard not to feel sorry for myself. And I really do thank you so much for thinking of me. It means a lot.
Connie

batiste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Coni, It's Ok to feel sorry for yourself! It's a natural progression, and a feeling I believe your entitled! Gosh, SO sorry about your husband too! You're absolutely correct w/ respect to seeing an animal suffer almost hurting more. Not that I, or we, dont have compassion and empathy for our fellow man... but instead it's like these innocent creatures that can't articulate what ails them are suffering, and despite trying so hard to help -sometimes we cannot. To see a child or animal suffer are, to me anyway, the worst feelings imaginable. To quote the great George Carlin, he said something to the affect, "when you sign-up for pet ownership it is like signing-up for a little heartbreak waiting to happen". Its so true, but for many of us we don't see the end coming and the bad somehow overshadows much of the good. I guess my best advice to you is focus on the good, and take comfort in the fact you tried your best to prevent your kitty from pain. Be well, and I hope the holidays can somehow bring you cheer and joy. :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Batiste  those words are so true.  @ConiKat  how awful to come so close to loosing your husband now too.  Treasure what you have in your life this 'festive' season, and take good care of yourself and all those around you.  

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

You asked about wild bobcats. Here's one who was on the porch, until Sophie my black kitty decided to chase it away! Talk about a shock, and it ran too!
Connie

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, the Bobcat looks really big!  Quite impressive.   Perhaps not as impressive as Sophie chasing it off!  
  I'm glad no reports of her being hurt in the process.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Batiste,
Thank you so much for you very kind and thoughtful comments. All so very true, and so very hard to deal with. I'm slowly coming to grips with all of it, and much of that is due to everyone's sincere feelings and help. I'll be forever grateful for it. All my love and best wishes to you and your family, fur and otherwise.
A hug and kiss to your fur babies as well.
Thank you again!:-)