My Baby's Passing

LuciasMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On Thursday afternoon I got home to my baby laying on a rather unusual spot, with his eyes open and blood coming from his mouth. It didn't seem as if anything had happened to him as physically everything else seemed fine, except that he did not usually lay on this spot and seemed to have fallen down on his way into the house. We had an autopsy done and the vet said blood in the mouth could be due to head trauma or poisoning. While this didn't really give me any peace, the one thing that I'm really concerned about is his bushy tail. Could this mean he was scared/in pain before he passed? Or is this normal when a cat passes?

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know the answer to your questions but am very sorry that this happened and you had to witness it, so so sad.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello, and I'm sorry something so sad is what brought you to this site.
I think there is no definitive way to know what his emotions were, or why he had certain physical reactions such as the bushy tail.
RIP sweetheart, you were very loved. :redheartpump:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. Every death is a tragedy, but when it is unexpected it's nearly impossible to bear.

About the bushy tail, many years ago I found my neighbors' cat on the road, run over by a car. Her tail was like this, I always thought it was the scare she ad before being hit by the car.

I'm terribly sorry :(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a physical reaction to the body shutting down, whether due to injury, or even an aneurysm that had burst. There are just too many reasons for this kind of trauma to really know what the cause of death was for sure. The reason does not change the outcome. You have lost a family member that was loved and now is gone. The comfort that can be taken from this is it must have been quick.
When we go through a trauma like this our minds tend to dwell on all the worst case scenarios, on all those should haves and could haves. Try not to go there. It changes nothing and the pain it brings is horrific and unrelenting. Don't let the death take over all those beautiful memories you have, the love you shared. The death cannot be allowed to be more important than the life. He died at home,where he felt surrounded by love. And you will always have that bond of love, it is spiritual, so eternal. He would never want the one he loves to dwell in pain. He would want you to look forward to the future, to know his love will always be there, surrounding you and helping you to heal that broken heart. This hurts, it hurts for a long time. But with the help of those who understand, and time, which is the healer of all things, you will eventually come to the knowledge that although he now follows a new path, that path will always parallel your own. He will always be near, sending you love and comfort through the bond of love that ties your souls together for eternity.
My heart goes out to you. I cry with you for the loss of someone so sweet and loved. My thoughts and prayers are with you, take care of yourself.......RIP precious boy. You will be forever held in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again.

wt1964

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've never known the 'bushy tail' thing in a cat to indicate anything good. I can imagine how terrible that was for you to see. So very sorry...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LuciasMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all so much for the love. It has surely made me feel a little better.

Lots of love to you all. ❤