My baby ziva is pregnant.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my! 6! Bless her heart. You are both going to have your hands full.

The lumps may just be her uterus, which is stretched. You'll know in time.

Have they nursed yet?

Do you have KMR and a needleless syringe on hand? With 6, there can be a runt ot two who often need supplementing early on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zivasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are all nursing well. Haven't had to intervene much at all. She did great. She had the 6 over the course of 4 and 1/2 hours. It was 3 hours between the first and second. But the rest came out one right after another after that. But yes, if the need supplementing, I am prepared. :)

zivasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's been done having her babies for 5 hours now and still hasn't wanted to eat. She's drinking, but not eating. Is this normal?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, especially if she ate 6 placentas. Did she? Or did you remove them?

If she ate them, she won't be hungry for awhile. But have you offered her a dish of KMR in her nest? That is very good for her after birthing.

Otherwise, she'll get up to eat eventually. Leave her food and water bowls near the nest.

zivasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she ate the placentas. I didn't even think about that. LOL. But I didn't know to give her the KMR. Thanks for the advice and info. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's normal for them to eat the placentas. Let me know if she goes for the dish of KMR. Mine drank 3 dishes in the nest afterwards (plus eating the placentas). [emoji]128522[/emoji]

thekittykeepers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seems that I missed a lot of action, looks like nature did her thing perfectly. Just a bit of advice, if you can find some vitamins for new mother's, she could use the extra support as nursing so many babies is going to put her body under a lot of pressure. I am sure there are plenty of good products available that I could only dream of finding here in the Philippines. Congratulations, the kittykeepers.