My baby Tiger is in the emergency room...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK, Tiger is still doing well and taking his medicine w/o much fuss. I'm SOOOOO glad it wasn't Socrates that had this problem, because he is a real pain when it comes to vets, medicine, etc. But, he too has finally calmed down. But, I haven't recieved any Socrates love since Tiger came home. Funny, when Tiger was in the vets, Socs was all blubber love about to drip off my lap because he was so relaxed.

Lil' Tiger has been secluding himself under the bed, something he has never done before getting sick. That just worries me because thats what he did Saturday when he sqautted in my jeans and I lightly swatted him. God, I still feel horrible about that, with what happened. But, the lil' guy is purring and seems content, though still under the weather. I can't get him to play fetch w/ his favorite toy, but the Doc said it would take about 6 weeks for him to fully recover. I worry about him so.

This Saturday I'm going to an all night party and Aunt Helen and Uncle Allen are going to spend the night here and cat sit and make sure he gets his medicine. And, of course, as a worrisome parent I will leave all accessible numbers and a blank signed check JUST IN CASE. I'll probably be calling here a few times Saturday night.

I wasn't going to go to the party becaue I knew Tiger would have to get his medicine on schedule and unless I took him with me, I wasn't going. But, Helen and Allen volunteered and everyone tells me with the stress I've been under that I need to do some serious unwinding, so I guess I will. I just hope that I can go and still have a good time, because I know I'm going to miss my sick little boy and Socs too.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I hope you have a good time at the party! You sound just like a worried "father"

meghan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you are going to the party.
You are truly blessed to have such a support network, and I know that you are just the person who truly appreciates his blessings. Have fun!

meowman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tiger ran from me when he saw the medicine bottle come out today. There's only a day or so worth left til' he's done with it, but it looks like I'm going to have to go into stealth mode to give him his bi-daily doses.

Upon arriving home from work tonight Tiger went hauling arse thru the living room with his little stuffed bunny in his mouth and when I saw it I knew he was alright. I tossed it and he fetched it and brought it to me and I couldn't help but tear up and get on the floor and start kissing and rubbing him.

SIGHHHHHHHH! I think he'll be ok. Thank you all for your support.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Chuck,
I'm so happy to hear tht Tig's doing so well!! How can we ask of anything else but a healthy furbaby...You're the best...I can't say enough of your tender heart towards them.

God Bless You & All You Cherish
Catarina

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chuck:

Good to hear good news about Tiger. As for Socrates, he sounds like Squirt. He doesn't take changes in the routine too well. Give him some time. He'll settle back in.

meowman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They're both back to normal now! All is well, minus me almost having to starve to death this week, lol. But, thanks to Deb, Air Princess and Three Legged Cat I'm making it. You are just all awsome!!

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Chuck,
I'm so happy to hear that all's well on the homefront...it's patience that we all fall so short of...Give Tig & Socs a huge hug for me

God Bless You, Socs & Tig
Always,