My Baby Rosie Died Suddenly 1 Year Old

Missingrosie123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My baby Rosie died on Monday past after only turning 1 year old 2 weeks ago. I haven't stopped crying since she was like my baby. She followed me everywhere and I did everything with her at home. I am so lost. Anyway...
I had booked to see the vet this week as I had noticed over this past few weeks she hadn't been eating overally well. She was always very fussy with her food right from the beginning and not a massive eater but worse this past few weeks. She was still eating just not the normal amount. She was a litter of 4 but was the only 1 who survived I'm not sure why the others died as her mummy was half feral and I didn't see Rosie until she was about 2 weeks old. She was very tiny right from beginning and I fell in love with her. I noticed she couldn't jump so I took her to the vet and they said she had carpel tunnel hyperextension on front legs and cow hock on back legs which made me love her even more as she was so dependant on us.
On Monday morning she was her bright happy self with lots of kisses and head butting from 7.30am-8.30am. She went outside to play with the others and all seemed fine. I had flew a 7 hour flight before arriving home at 7.30am so went to bed for a few hours. When I got up I noticed she hadn't come back inside (She would normally stay outdoors for around 3 hours then back in and back out and that would go on most of the day) so I went outside looking for her. I found her lying in our back shed (where my other cats sleep) and 1st thought she was sleeping. I called her name and there was no response and when I got closer I just started screaming as I realised she was gone. Total shock my wee baby seemed totally fine that morning and now she was gone.
She was lying flat as though she was sleeping, her wee eyes were slightly curled in and her wee tongue was half out. She had bitten it. There was no vomit / blood, no clear liquid nothing. Do you think she took a fit or something to do with her heart? I am completely devastated and lost without her x

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your baby :(

No one can say for sure what has happened- an autopsy at the vet would give you more answers. She might've eaten something outside. Maybe she had a heart defect that you didn't know about.

What ever happened, it was not your fault. Keep an eye on the other cats just in case.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Rosie, dream you deep. You walk in your mama's heart forever.

Oh, Sweetie, I am so sorry. Draco Draco is right, there is no way to tell, but from what you have said about her beginnings, I deeply suspect that she may have had congenital problems that caused this, and that it was your love, devotion and care that allowed her to have a wonderful, joy-filled year with you. If not for you, she would almost certainly not grown up at all. You gave her so much, and she gave just as much to you in return. Love does not die, you know. It only changes form and continues on, still Love. Rosie is with you still, and will be always.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Missingrosie123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your baby :(

No one can say for sure what has happened- an autopsy at the vet would give you more answers. She might've eaten something outside. Maybe she had a heart defect that you didn't know about.

What ever happened, it was not your fault. Keep an eye on the other cats just in case.
Thank you Draco I have laid her to rest and wouldn't feel right lifting her out again but it is killing me inside not knowing why and what happened

Missingrosie123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Rosie, dream you deep. You walk in your mama's heart forever.

Oh, Sweetie, I am so sorry. Draco Draco is right, there is no way to tell, but from what you have said about her beginnings, I deeply suspect that she may have had congenital problems that caused this, and that it was your love, devotion and care that allowed her to have a wonderful, joy-filled year with you. If not for you, she would almost certainly not grown up at all. You gave her so much, and she gave just as much to you in return. Love does not die, you know. It only changes form and continues on, still Love. Rosie is with you still, and will be always.
Thank you for your loving reply I am so heartbroken and only wish I knew before so I could have done something to save her. ❤

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is very possible that in her situation, she had an impossible combination of troubles, and that the tests and vet visits, vet stays, needles, tubes, added stressors, never mind your stress, would have meant pain and struggle without adding to her quality of life.

She would not want you going through this now, she would want only a light heart for you, when you are able.

CatloverinFL

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My baby Rosie died on Monday past after only turning 1 year old 2 weeks ago. I haven't stopped crying since she was like my baby. She followed me everywhere and I did everything with her at home. I am so lost. Anyway...
I had booked to see the vet this week as I had noticed over this past few weeks she hadn't been eating overally well. She was always very fussy with her food right from the beginning and not a massive eater but worse this past few weeks. She was still eating just not the normal amount. She was a litter of 4 but was the only 1 who survived I'm not sure why the others died as her mummy was half feral and I didn't see Rosie until she was about 2 weeks old. She was very tiny right from beginning and I fell in love with her. I noticed she couldn't jump so I took her to the vet and they said she had carpel tunnel hyperextension on front legs and cow hock on back legs which made me love her even more as she was so dependant on us.
On Monday morning she was her bright happy self with lots of kisses and head butting from 7.30am-8.30am. She went outside to play with the others and all seemed fine. I had flew a 7 hour flight before arriving home at 7.30am so went to bed for a few hours. When I got up I noticed she hadn't come back inside (She would normally stay outdoors for around 3 hours then back in and back out and that would go on most of the day) so I went outside looking for her. I found her lying in our back shed (where my other cats sleep) and 1st thought she was sleeping. I called her name and there was no response and when I got closer I just started screaming as I realised she was gone. Total shock my wee baby seemed totally fine that morning and now she was gone.
She was lying flat as though she was sleeping, her wee eyes were slightly curled in and her wee tongue was half out. She had bitten it. There was no vomit / blood, no clear liquid nothing. Do you think she took a fit or something to do with her heart? I am completely devastated and lost without her x
*I am so very sorry, Missingrosie123. I really do feel your pain. It's a horrible, mind blowing, tragic and heartbreaking thing for anyone to have to go through losing a beloved pet suddenly.

I lost my sweet boy to a fast growing cancer several weeks ago, and only three weeks before that, lost my other boy to a different type cancer of cancer, so I really do understand the gut wrenching pain and total shock and bewilderment you feel now. It sounds like it was perhaps a hereditary issue, like a heart issue, with her, or may it have been something else, but you had no control over this happening whatsoever. There are many things that we have no control over, and many heartbreaking things that we will never have the answers for. We just have to accept what has happened with time, and be grateful for the love and precious memories that we had together. Love never dies, it's eternal. You sound like you were a wonderful and loving mommy to her. God bless you.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad, I am sorry that happened, like others have said it must have been some sort of health defect especially if she was the only one to survive from the litter. But it is a terrible thing to have happen and to have witnessed, I am sorry. But as someone once told me "it is better to have a good, short life than a long bad one" but that doesn't ease your pain I'm sure. I am sorry this happened, but she is fine now, no pain or health problems, just fine and waiting to see you again someday.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless........:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Missingrosie123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
*I am so very sorry, Missingrosie123. I really do feel your pain. It's a horrible, mind blowing, tragic and heartbreaking thing for anyone to have to go through losing a beloved pet suddenly.

I lost my sweet boy to a fast growing cancer several weeks ago, and only three weeks before that, lost my other boy to a different type cancer of cancer, so I really do understand the gut wrenching pain and total shock and bewilderment you feel now. It sounds like it was perhaps a hereditary issue, like a heart issue, with her, or may it have been something else, but you had no control over this happening whatsoever. There are many things that we have no control over, and many heartbreaking things that we will never have the answers for. We just have to accept what has happened with time, and be grateful for the love and precious memories that we had together. Love never dies, it's eternal. You sound like you were a wonderful and loving mommy to her. God bless you.
Thank you I wish it wasn't so hard to accept. I will miss the wee bones of her. I am very sorry for your loss xx

Missingrosie123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is very possible that in her situation, she had an impossible combination of troubles, and that the tests and vet visits, vet stays, needles, tubes, added stressors, never mind your stress, would have meant pain and struggle without adding to her quality of life.

She would not want you going through this now, she would want only a light heart for you, when you are able.
I never really thought of it that way until you sent this. I'm glad she had a good happy life albeit very short I wouldn't never have wanted her to go through any pain x

Missingrosie123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is so sad, I am sorry that happened, like others have said it must have been some sort of health defect especially if she was the only one to survive from the litter. But it is a terrible thing to have happen and to have witnessed, I am sorry. But as someone once told me "it is better to have a good, short life than a long bad one" but that doesn't ease your pain I'm sure. I am sorry this happened, but she is fine now, no pain or health problems, just fine and waiting to see you again someday.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless........:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
I hope so ❤❤ Thank you x

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With her being the only survivor of a litter, I would think it was most likely genetic. Probably a heart defect. It was through your wonderful care and love that she lived that year. You gave that precious little girl her world, you gave her everything she wanted. She would be the last one to want you to feel so bad. Just as you would want her to on with a future full of happiness and joy, so she wants for you. Do not dwell on her end, it is nothing that can be changed, and it only brings heartache. Instead, concentrate on what she gave you, the simple joys of watching her, of loving her, and how much she embraced life.
The bond you formed with her can never be taken from you. Use it and your precious memories to bring you comfort, and know that that bond will always keep her near. Her new path will forever parallel yours, because what you shared was spiritual, so eternal.
My heart goes out to you, it hurts so very badly to not have them fill our lives and our homes. But she is safe, she is at peace because she knows you will always have a secure place for her in a loving heart. Bless you for taking such good care of taht little angel. Take care of yourself now, there are others who rely on you..... RIP sweet Rosie. You will never be forgotten, you will be forever missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

CatloverinFL

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My beautiful baby Rosie. Too purrfect for this world
What a beautiful little girl. She looks truly happy, and very loved. She literally radiates love and contentment.

I personally believe that our deceased loved ones, and beloved animals, spirits live forever, and my sweet 'D''s spirit is with me always, especially in my home where we have/had so many memories. This has helped me to deal with my heartbreak and total shock of losing him so suddenly and quickly to cancer.

It will take precious time for you to grieve, so please allow yourself that, and be easy and loving on yourself.

Missingrosie123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a beautiful little girl. She looks truly happy, and very loved. She literally radiates love and contentment.

I personally believe that our deceased loved ones, and beloved animals, spirits live forever, and my sweet 'D''s spirit is with me always, especially in my home where we have/had so many memories. This has helped me to deal with my heartbreak and total shock of losing him so suddenly and quickly to cancer.

It will take precious time for you to grieve, so please allow yourself that, and be easy and loving on yourself.
Thank you, I miss her so much. Sorry for your loss xx