My Baby is not well yet she's not 'sick'

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no helpful insight to add, but I wanted to send wishes for quick and complete recovery and great big hugs and comforting kitty purrs from DC.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well.. good news!!

She's recovering, she's now able to wander around albeit very wobbly in her hind legs and she's still very grumbly when she isn't able to do what she wants, she's making it to the litter tray a lot more often and is able to hold herself upright while she digs to china from australia before doing her business!! YAY!!

She's still at the vet's clinic so she gets restful recovery time (away from Spaz who has taken to sleeping in Lone's spots lol).

It's so heartening after her initial paralysis to see her racing around (mostly cos she's leaning forward with her head so the rest of her body has to catch up or fall over) and her front legs are much better than her rear (or so it seems).

8)

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Lone is doing better!
Sending loads of ((((healing vibes)))), and hoping her improvement continues.

carisue1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just read an article about vaccines causing paralysis in pets and that may be the case. I wouldn't put the cat through horrible or expensive tests if it was perfectly fine prior to the vaccine. I think it would have been your Vet's first reaction to blame the vaccine, but of course that would almost be blaming themselves. What you did not say is what kind of vaccine and why your kitty was getting it? My Vet recommends not to get any vaccines especially in older cats that are indoor pets. My cat Smokie is perfectly healthy at about 12 years old and only had his vaccines when he was very young, none in past 8 years. Kind of like humans do. I wish you the very best and hope your kitty recovers.