My Baby is learning to knead!

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Bugsy is a super cuddly, super talker, somewhat clingy guy. The one loving thing he has never done though is knead. Capone on the other hand will not lie anywhere unless he kneads the area while purring for a good 5 min.

Last night I went to bed too late and couldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get out of bed this morning. Bugsy gets excited when its just Mommy or Daddy in bed alone since he gets all the attention. He lay down on my chest and I started petting him getting into a huge purr session. Then he got up, sat beside me and started kneading my arm!! SO CUTE!! We got him at one year old and have had him for five month and this is the first time! He didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t quite do it normally, like heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s never done it before it was almost like he was marching LOL. I wonder if he learned that from Capone.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need Kneading.

It is such a joyout act of trust and love.
You are very lucky.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lol my boyfriend sort of looked at me like I was a freak when I got all happy for my new kneading baby. I think its more that itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a sign our work has paid off with this guy.

When we got him he was obviously neglected by a previous owner. He was like 6 pounds (he JUST started gaining weight) he was afraid of his water bowl and would freak out spastically at all hours to drink out of the tap, would be afraid the food wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t be there if he didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t eat it all is 5 seconds. He was just never ever relaxed he was always scared or stressed about something. His weight would go up and down within the month at any sign of stress.

Now my baby eats normally, drinks even though he stills begs for the tap but he usually just plays in the water instead of trying to drink as fast as he can, heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s gaining weight, his fur is no longer dull and thin. He is turning into a beautiful healthy cat. So this kneaded is just one more thing that makes him a healthy normal cat.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are both gorgeous kitties.

When they are deep into kneading, watch for a tiny bit of drool from their mouths.
When the light hits their tiny drool just right, it look like little diamonds to me.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's amazing what a little patiece will do. You let him come to you on his own terms, and it is a great feeling when they finally do. It took Pearl 7 years to join the household and interact with the other cats. She had been horriby abused when my daughter brought her to me.
Congratulations on having the patience to allow him to come to you on his terms. Isn't it a great feeling?

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arwen has been into the kneading since she came to us, and I think it's so adorable of her, especially when she is cuddled up on my lap and suckling at my jumper at the same time

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bugsy is a gorgeous kitty! And a very lucky little guy to have such a wonderful, understanding new family who will let him work through his trust issues in his time.
Rebecca's right - it's such an amazing feeling to know that you've earned their trust when they had no reason to trust any human again.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
How wonderful that you've gotten him to trust you.
And I wouldn't be surprised if he did get the idea from your other cat. They are very observant creatures.