My Baby Is Gone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow will be a month since he passed and I just can't come to terms with the idea. I'm as sad as day one, I cry every day and I miss him more then ever. I want to hug him so much and kiss his little head. Ahhh my heart hurts so bad.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow will be a month since he passed and I just can't come to terms with the idea. I'm as sad as day one, I cry every day and I miss him more then ever. I want to hug him so much and kiss his little head. Ahhh my heart hurts so bad.
My heart goes out to you, it's so awful, I have lost many pussycats in the last 60 yrs it doesn't get easier, it does take time. I did the same thing as you are doing. It's all part of the grieving process, you had cat that you cherished you loved him and still do. He loved you. And you shared so much together. Time will heal, it's very early days, you miss him as he was very loved and he loved you too. As the weeks months pass. The grief will ease. It was his time to pass and he is looking down on you knowing that he was really loved. When I say it doesn't get any easier I mean each cat you lose or any animal, your lovely boy was lucky to have a lovely home with you. And vice versa , I wish you well love, x

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been there, done exactly the same things you did at the end, and after. There is always a tremendous amount of guilt, especially with things we did right before that we would give anything to take back. Your baby will always be near. as near as your prayers and your thoughts. You need a distraction for your heart. It truly helps to give a little of yourself to feel better. Go to your local shelter and socialize the kittens, give comfort to those there that are waiting for homes. It is hard, but it keeps you from dwelling on your problems and helps the time to pass. If you can't bear that, give a small donation or some toys or litter in your sweet one's name. It passes on and honors his legacy and helps the love he gave you out into the sunshine where it needs to be, not covered and kept in the darkness of grief. Send him happy thoughts, not only sad ones and he will send what comfort he can. Bless you both.....

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am devastated for you. Losing your baby so young and learning that something this terrible can happen is traumatizing. It is very difficult to learn to live in the “after” world where your baby isn’t here. He is still with you physically in the form of ashes and spiritually, but you can’t interact with him like you used to. The world seems more cruel and you realize you cannot protect your little one like you foolishly thought you could before he died. I am sorry you are going through this.

Grief can be a long, lonely road. But remember that you loved each other so much and that love will never die. There are so many cats out there who pass away without ever knowing the love your baby was blessed with. He was lucky. Nonetheless, it hurts very much.

Yesterday marked 2 months since I lost my boy, and my day started from waking from a nightmare. I dreamt that I met 4 tuxedo cats. I looked at each one carefully to see if it was my Leroy, but it wasn’t. The last one had Leroy’s exact face, but the wrong coloring. Then I woke, realized that’s what I do in real life, goto Petsmart and Petco, spot a tuxedo in the adoption center and foolishly hope it’s Leroy, though I know it never will be. Then I felt myself starting to break, if that’s even possible, but stopped the tears and held it all in to get ready for work. Don’t get me wrong, I do have good days, and you will too, where you feel stronger. Grief is simply unpredictable.