My Baby Is Gone

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I lost my 6 year old baby a couple of days ago. I am still in shock as he was ok till the day of his passing. I am in shock and I dont know how to get past it. I want him back, I call him and I can't stop crying.
How do you get past this?
I feel so guilty because I didn't protect him enough and he trusted me with everything.
I want him back, I can't be without my baby.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so sorry.
It takes time.
He loves you still, and wouldn't want you to beat yourself up, he surely wouldn't.
RIP, darling, gorgeous little man. Your pawprints will be on a heart forever.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Take this time to mourn your lost. No matter what anyone says in your real life, losing your furry kid hurts. As Furballsmon says, it takes time. Do not rush out and get another just because you have an empty space. You will do yourself and the memories of your baby a disservice.

We lost our 18yr girl this year but we had time to ready ourselves. It still hurts but the sting of the lost will fade while the joyful memories will stay.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your baby at such a young age, it is shocking and hurts like crazy, sometimes these really bad things just happen and we have no idea why. When I had horrible things like this happen I was told about Holy Basil, it is an herb that helps you adapt to the stress and it worked wonderfully with no side effects, the stress is still there but it allows you to handle it better naturally. But it takes time, unfortunately there is no short cut to feeling better, you just have to deal with it head on, let it hurt and it slowly calms down and gets out of your system but it takes a long time, and don't try to suppress it as it only delays healing. It is one of the worst feelings that you will ever feel, but please visit and talk on here as often as needed as these people are a huge help and comfort.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry that you lost your friend, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

mydarlingsamson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry and my deepest condolences. Having just lost my baby Samson 2 days ago, I can deeply empathize with how you feel right now.

Bawled your heart out. It is okay. I know you feel guilty, because we want our babies to live happy and healthy, so we feel like we failed them when they passed. I am still feeling that guilt now despite reading the messages from the members telling me I shouldn't. But you can't help it. It is a process we have to go through in order to heal.

But remember, you gave him love and warmth in his life. As much as we wish them back, oh how i wish... logically we know it is impossible. The best we can do is just give ourselves time to mourn, they deserve it from us and then show your love forward when you feels you are ready in the future. This doesn't mean we are forgetting about them, we are honoring them.

Again, I am really sorry for your loss. RIP beautiful one. And very sorry if what I wrote isn't very comforting, I am pretty bad with words.

Giving you an internet hug all the way from Malaysia. xoxox

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure of your religion but this is a prayer for the suddenly departed. I posted it in mydarlingsamson's thread also.

Heavenly Father we know and believe that our times are in Your hands, but Lord it’s so often such a shock to us when a dear loved one meets with a sudden or unexpected death – through an accident or perhaps due to some unforeseen tragedy, which takes the life of someone they loved – long before it would be expected.

Lord, we bring before You today those who are having to go through such a tragic loss and pray that You would be very close to each one that is in mourning today over such a loss – and are perhaps confused or even angry that such a devastating occurrence has overtaken them – without any apparent warning.

You are the God of all comfort Who comforts us in time of need and we pray that for those that are facing such a difficult trial today. Uphold them we pray, and ask that You draw very close to them … raise up we pray, the right people to minister to them and to be a genuine comfort and support at this time of tragedy and grief.

Lord, we don’t understand why our loved ones should suddenly be removed from us through a sudden, unexpected death – but Lord we trust You to soothe away the hurt in time – for shall not the God of all the earth do right…. In Jesus name, we pray,

Amen.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It hurts, it hurts bad. All you are feeling is a part of grieving; the guilt, the disbelief, the emptiness. The broken heart takes a long time to heal, and it always leaves a scar to remind us of our loss. Time is the only thing that helps to dull pains' sharp edges, to help learn a new life's order without our loved one in it, and to accept that they are gone. But we never have to accept that their love is gone too, because it never will leave you. It is a part of you now, the bond you formed link by link over those 6 years will forever tie you to your baby's soul, the new path he follows now will always keep him close to your own life's journey. One day that path will cross again. There are people who don't believe this, but the majority do, and there is no way to prove it won't. If we are wrong, we lose nothing, if we are right, we gain everything.
You sweet boy is like so many others, hid his illness until it was too late. He didn't want to go, he had to. The past can never be changed, but we can use it to prepare a better future. Right now is all we have, it does nothing to dwell on the past because it is set in stone, the future is not ours yet to change. The future is meant to bring us happiness, because it is not truly living to dwell in darkness and sorrow. Your boy would be the last one to want you to be sad because of him, love is like that, it only wants joy and happiness for those we love and he is no exception. As you would want for him if you were the first to go. So let his love grow,use your precious memories to bring yourself comfort. Don't bring sorrow by dwelling on the end, on things that cannot be changed. Don't ever make his death more important than his life, he gave you so much and deserves that.
The pain is so bad right now, but look what he brought to your life. It would have been tragic to have never had him in your life at all. You shared a journey for a while, and now he must follow another. Goodbyes are hard, but the years of happiness and sunshine will be carried by you both for eternity. He will be with you forever, in that secure place in your heart.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself, we are here if you need someone to lean on.....RIP beautiful Baby. You will never be forgotten, you will be forever dearly missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't believe how comforting all your messages are to me. It makes me feel better when I read them and I do thank you all for taking the time to do so. I am devastated by my loss, I miss him like crazy but I am so happy I had him in my life, he was the best thing that ever happened to me. He was such a good boy and I hope he was happy next to me the short 6 years we had together.
Again, thank you so much to all of you that took the time to make me feel better and I am sorry for everyone that lost their loved ones too.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Baby, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

The most natural thing in this world is to blame ourselves for not doing enough. But...sometimes all we can do is not enough, and there is no blame in that, only sorrow that it should be so. And I promise you that your boy does not blame you for not doing more, in fact, his only sorrow is for your grief. Love does not die. Ever. It changes form, and continues on, still Love. Love abides. His love is with you still. I say this over and over and over, because it is the truest thing I know.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When we step on a forest path sometime we feel the path is long sometime we feel the path is short. No matter how many km the path has, our feeling about its length is the one which counts, not the number of km.

We enjoy the forests, the mountains and the landscape no matter how long the path is, we dont care.

So for the length of the path on Earth of any Creature - how much joyfulness brings to the others, how many smiles and how much Love poured in the Life Basket, that is what we remember.

Love keeps us going.

Tears here.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Six years is way too early to leave, so it's clear that your boy had something that took him away from you. But he kept this hidden to your eyes, because he loved you so much that he didn't want you to be concerned for him.
He wanted you to be happy till the last moment.

I do think that one day we will be reunited to our furbabies, it's the only thing that keeps me going.
I do hope your kitty will come visit you in your dream to tell you that he's fine and he still loves you.

Hugs!

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I went and picked up his ashes:( I feel so lonely and sad, for the last six years we were always together, every day and night. Even when I was scared it made me feel better that he was there, sleeping next to me.
I try to get out of the house so I can stop crying but when I return at home and I see all his things around the house, I feel even worse.
I didn't even dreamed him and I want to know how he is, I want him to be happy, I don't even want him to miss me so he doesn't suffer.
I feel so guilty because I told him if he wasn't here I would sleep more during the night but I didn't mean it, I was really tired. How stupid was I to say that.
He was my baby, he was the best thing that ever happened to me. He was such a good kitty, he would ask me to get him on top of the kitchen counter or the closet and I couldn't leave him there to much because he would eat strings and anything that wasn't eatable but he was satisfied even if he was there for 1 minute. And sometimes I would get mad at him for crying because he wanted something and even if I did ended up giving everything to him I shouldn't have been mad.
And I would sing to him every day while brush him, he would love it so much that he would salivate all over my hand where he was resting his little, cute head.
And when I would come home some days he was sooo happy to see me. And in the mornings, I would open the window and he would talk with the birds outside and if I would talk to him, the more I would talk, the more he would talk.
I promised him in the future I would offer him a backyard, he loved being on the balcony and I think he would have loved to feel grass under his little feet but I can't even give him that.
I'm so mad at myself too, the day he died ( 1week from today) instead of picking him up and hug him and kiss him, I was going in and out of the room begging for the doctor to come faster. I should've kiss him more.
He was the best thing in my life and I want him back, I want to see him if only for a bit and to know he is happy where he is.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How can he miss you when his spirit is right there with you? Unseen, as yet unfelt, but there. And he knows how much you loved him, and love him still. Just as much as he loves you.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so mad at myself too, the day he died ( 1week from today) instead of picking him up and hug him and kiss him, I was going in and out of the room begging for the doctor to come faster. I should've kiss him more.
Isn't that strange that now we blame ourselves for hurrying the vet home instead of hugging our friends, but that on that day we just wanted their sufferings to come to an end soon?

I was on the couch next to her, after having called my vet home for the final steps, and he said he would have been right here, but then, an hour later, he wasn't here yet and I started yelling at him. But when the bell rang I cried out "No, no this soon!"

He will come visit you in your dream, and he will come when you don't expect him, and it'll be so nice that you will remember it forever.
I had my cat in my dreams two weeks ago, it was so real that my heart was bursting with joy! But when I woke up I think it was one of the worst days of my life...

Hugs!

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Isn't that strange that now we blame ourselves for hurrying the vet home instead of hugging our friends, but that on that day we just wanted their sufferings to come to an end soon?

I was on the couch next to her, after having called my vet home for the final steps, and he said he would have been right here, but then, an hour later, he wasn't here yet and I started yelling at him. But when the bell rang I cried out "No, no this soon!"

He will come visit you in your dream, and he will come when you don't expect him, and it'll be so nice that you will remember it forever.
I had my cat in my dreams two weeks ago, it was so real that my heart was bursting with joy! But when I woke up I think it was one of the worst days of my life...

Hugs!
I do want to dream with him but I didn't yet:( I miss him so much.

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How can he miss you when his spirit is right there with you? Unseen, as yet unfelt, but there. And he knows how much you loved him, and love him still. Just as much as he loves you.
Thank you. It helps a lot talking about him.

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I lost my 6 year old baby a couple of days ago. I am still in shock as he was ok till the day of his passing. I am in shock and I dont know how to get past it. I want him back, I call him and I can't stop crying.
How do you get past this?
I feel so guilty because I didn't protect him enough and he trusted me with everything.
I want him back, I can't be without my baby.
I am so sorry to hear this and I wish to offer my sincere condolences, I can tell how very much he was cherished by you. What you are feeling is normal and I know how much it hurts right now and you feel you will never recover but day by day you will become stronger and be able to cope better. I lost my soulmate in March and he was 8 and I still cry most days but the pain has eased which helps me get through each day better. This site has been so much help.

Trust me, he will come to you in your dreams in time.

Thinking of you x

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I went and picked up his ashes:( I feel so lonely and sad, for the last six years we were always together, every day and night. Even when I was scared it made me feel better that he was there, sleeping next to me.
I try to get out of the house so I can stop crying but when I return at home and I see all his things around the house, I feel even worse.
I didn't even dreamed him and I want to know how he is, I want him to be happy, I don't even want him to miss me so he doesn't suffer.
I feel so guilty because I told him if he wasn't here I would sleep more during the night but I didn't mean it, I was really tired. How stupid was I to say that.
He was my baby, he was the best thing that ever happened to me. He was such a good kitty, he would ask me to get him on top of the kitchen counter or the closet and I couldn't leave him there to much because he would eat strings and anything that wasn't eatable but he was satisfied even if he was there for 1 minute. And sometimes I would get mad at him for crying because he wanted something and even if I did ended up giving everything to him I shouldn't have been mad.
And I would sing to him every day while brush him, he would love it so much that he would salivate all over my hand where he was resting his little, cute head.
And when I would come home some days he was sooo happy to see me. And in the mornings, I would open the window and he would talk with the birds outside and if I would talk to him, the more I would talk, the more he would talk.
I promised him in the future I would offer him a backyard, he loved being on the balcony and I think he would have loved to feel grass under his little feet but I can't even give him that.
He was the best thing in my life and I want him back, I want to see him if only for a bit and to know he is happy where he is.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just reading your post tells me you loved him very very much and he certainly loved you. He is set free from his illness now. He is aware you love him. What you are feeling is completely normal of course you miss him terribly it's heartbreaking. Please do not blame yourself you did nothing wrong. Think of it this wY you might not have had him for many years. But you enriched his life the way he enriched yours. And rest assured he will be watching over you . God bless you xx