My baby has elevated liver numbers and on feeding tube

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kkjenners

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, Shadow had his feeding tube removed this morning! He is fully eating on his own now. He is regular with his peeing and pooping. I was diligent in making sure he ate every three to four hours and that he was hydrated. Once I got the hang of it, I just had to make sure I kept it up. I have had him on denamarin, all the vitamin b's he can handled via the vet, and just keeping him comfortable and pampering him. I am not sure what the winning combination was, but all of it or just a few things, something worked! At this time, he has a little arthritis in his hind leg, that was treated with some steroid type meds this morning and he is sleeping fine. He came home and first thing was to eat and then to groom himself. He has had the kitty collar on for three weeks and is happy to be able to clean himself. I've been wiping him down with wipes when he goes to make sure he stays clean. At this time, all his issues are not all resolved, but he is at 90% of where he was before, that is a huge milestone for me. 

I appreciate all the advice from Stephen and others that were following this with me. I did not post for a while, just focusing on getting him better. Thank God it worked and he is now my Christmas miracle! 

Karen

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

So, Shadow had his feeding tube removed this morning! He is fully eating on his own now. He is regular with his peeing and pooping. I was diligent in making sure he ate every three to four hours and that he was hydrated. Once I got the hang of it, I just had to make sure I kept it up. I have had him on denamarin, all the vitamin b's he can handled via the vet, and just keeping him comfortable and pampering him. I am not sure what the winning combination was, but all of it or just a few things, something worked! At this time, he has a little arthritis in his hind leg, that was treated with some steroid type meds this morning and he is sleeping fine. He came home and first thing was to eat and then to groom himself. He has had the kitty collar on for three weeks and is happy to be able to clean himself. I've been wiping him down with wipes when he goes to make sure he stays clean. At this time, all his issues are not all resolved, but he is at 90% of where he was before, that is a huge milestone for me. 

I appreciate all the advice from Stephen and others that were following this with me. I did not post for a while, just focusing on getting him better. Thank God it worked and he is now my Christmas miracle! 

Karen
I'm not sure i was able to offer very much but i'm very happy for him and your family, great work!  You saved his life, congrats!!  Maybe a picture of him when you're able?

Last edited: