My baby girl is wasting away...

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDee

LuvMyParker- I am so, so sorry that your kitty is going through this. It's so horrible and I'm sending all of my prayers to you
When did you get the diagnosis?
She was first taken to the vet in mid June. She spent almost a month there before they figured out what it was. Since my vet offered to do it for free, they went the cheap route and basically did a trial and error thing. They finally tried giving her pancreatic enzyme powder and it worked. She came home mid July. However, due to the fact that she fights like CRAZY when we try to give it to her (and she refuses to eat even a bite of food with powder in it) we can't seem to give enough to her so her diarrhea comes back frequently. In fact, she has it now. I can see why your vet opted to put her down. Even on medication, the symptoms do not go away and its really hard and stressful. Taking it day by day but I don't see her lasting much longer.

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is....I'm glad you got some answers, even though they weren't what you were hoping for.