My baby boy is finally getting better

muramcon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure where to post this, but I've been struggling with my baby Murphy's health for a few months now. He was losing weight to the point where he was just over 8 lbs, looking very gaunt, and his coat was dull and oily. You could feel all the ridges of his spine when you petted him. Finally got a diagnosis around June of Feline Idiopathic Hypercalcemia. He's been switched to an all wet diet, and we visited the vet a few days ago for a blood draw and weigh-in. He's gained almost a full pound (right around 9 lbs) and his calcium levels are down to the high range of normal. I'm so happy for my baby boy. He's still 1.5 lbs behind his chunker twin brother Connor, but I think Murph is just meant to be a lighter cat. He has to go in for monthly weigh ins, to see if we can get a little more weight on him, and he has another blood test in 3 month. And he is keeping up on his grooming so his coat is much nicer, only downside is we are now having some hairball issues :/ (he's a longhair) But I am trying to brush him more and he is on some hairball meds. Anyway, I'm just so happy my boy is finally feeling better :D

helsic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i'm so glad your boy is getting better!! I hope he can recover completely!