My air conditioner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talk about a small world!!!

I take Handi Transit to and from work. It's a public transportation service for those who cannot take regular transit buses due to their health issues.

Anyway, on the way to drop me off we had to pick up one person. The girl got in and was yammering about how unfair it is to have to go to work today after having yesterday off as a stat holiday. I agree!! Anyway, she said that she would have taken today off too but her co-worker asked first, so she got stuck working. I asked where she worked.

Imagine my surprise when she said "Orek"!!! That's the company that I bought my A/C from! I asked her if she was the one that I had been talking to on the phone. Turns out she was.

I told her to please pass a long a message to the guy in the service department and thank him for going above and beyond and that the new A/C is seemingly working well. And then I told her that if she is willing to risk her job, that she could give the manager "The Finger!"
She laughed and said that she wouldn't be doing that.

I plan on doing up a letter to the Better Business Bureau about this company.

So far as the rug is concerned, I know how much it is. Granted it is older now, but in 1996 I paid $200.00 for it. It was a real wool rug. So if bought new today, it would likely be more.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueyedgirl5946

It is a miracle your wood floor is not ruined. I would try to get the price of my rug. I would be after a refund, not a new machine from them
Normally I would be kicking up a huge storm to get a refund. But since I was diagnosed with cancer and facing surgery next week, I've got so much stress and anxiety going on, that I just don't have the fight in me. My gut is in knots. I'm having heart palpitations, I can't sleep and I feel like crying almost all of the time. I just don't have it in me to fight them anymore. I nearly threw up my hands and went out and bought a different kind of air conditioner just because the stress was getting to be too much for me.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Id play merry hell hun i really would, although i know your going to be drained in every aspect in the up coming couple of weeks id let them really know how you have felt over their customer service whether its 2 hours, 2 weeks, 2 months etc after the fact it makes no difference.... no company likes bad press

to you

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I'm glad you intend to notify the Better Business Bureau. If it was me, I'd be absolutely livid!
I'm sending loads of good a.c. vibes to you . You don't need this kind of aggrevation.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Normally I would be kicking up a huge storm to get a refund. But since I was diagnosed with cancer and facing surgery next week, I've got so much stress and anxiety going on, that I just don't have the fight in me. My gut is in knots. I'm having heart palpitations, I can't sleep and I feel like crying almost all of the time. I just don't have it in me to fight them anymore. I nearly threw up my hands and went out and bought a different kind of air conditioner just because the stress was getting to be too much for me.
I hope things work out with the A/C. Also, I wanted to say I hope your surgery goes well. My daughter just had surgery for breast cancer in Dec. She is doing well now. I pray the same for you.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Linda, what a nightmare! You SO don't need this right now!

this one keeps working.

...and
at the Orek employee "not" giving your message to the Manager.

And just HEAPS of vibes and hugs to you for ALL to go well each and every day now, including the surgery, and your recovery. !!!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The new air conditioner seems to be working just fine! It's nice and cool in my apartment now and Abby is much more comfortable too. She's been stuck to me like glue since Chynna isn't there anymore. And I mean pasted right up against me no matter where I'm sitting/laying!! I think she misses Chynna in her own way and has been keeping me company too because she knows I'm sad.