My 9 month old cat leo still suckles but it gets weirder!

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little man leo is 9 months old now I got him at 8 weeks old and he had been my little cherub ever sins were ever I am he is not far behind and it's the same for my little lady jessica, jessica has slept with me on my chest/shoulder/side of my face sins I rescued her from a stinking hovel at 4 weeks old! So when I got leo he also stuck to me like glue day and night so it's was of no suprize they developed a bond very quickly (within hours) jess was under a year old when we got leo and in the middle of the night on the 2nd night of him being home I woke up to her lay as she does on me but he was lay on her suckling from her! She is not his mum she has never had kittens her self before as she is spayed and from that night on he has done it every day sins they only do it when she is lay on me in her usual way then he will come on and suckle from her for a good 45 mins then they will fall asleep all snuggled up while I develop neck ache [emoji]128514[/emoji] while he suckles he paws her tummy like tiny kittens do but she then does that on me on my neck! And she rubs her nose and mouth on my cheek and purs... its the oddest thing especially when leo isn't even jessica son! Does anybody know why he does this? And wil he ever grow out of it? Iv been telling my fella for the past 7 months ohh he will grow out of it but he still hasnt and as u can imagen at 9 months old he is getting rather big in fact he is nearly bigger than jess but if I try to stop them leo wil growl at me then sit there meowing loudly untill I let him lay back down to do it, it is the only ever time he growls he is a real gentle little thing in fact we joke saying he's gay because he's so ladylike in his ways lol [emoji]128514[/emoji]