My 5 year old daughter cut her hair

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am totally cracking up over this!

I did the same thing when I was a kid...Several times...at 6 or 7, at 16, and just this year, (couple months ago), I had my hair completely shaved off to a half an inch length, and was told how beautiful it looked. Then again, I have a face shape and features that look good with a shaved head, so...er...yea.
I'm guilty! hehe (No, I didn't donate my hair, it was a pixie cut when it was shaved, unfortunately.) I will never shave it off again, horribly itchy growing back! It's now back to a long pixie cut and will grow it to a bob and keep it that way for a few years.

It's actually pretty funny when I cut my hair at 6 or 7, (whichever it was). I was in class at school, decided I wanted bangs, hid some scissors in my pocket and asked to use the restroom. I then cut all my bangs off to like...halfway down my forehead, ROFL it looked so freaking stupid, and went back to class when I was done,
. I don't think the teacher even blinked an eye....And my mom wasn't upset about it either, surprisingly.

Anyway, I think it's wonderful to experiment with hair cuts...but maybe not cut it yourself, LOL. Especially for a younger girl...don't want her to have an accident!

Oh, and you can buy the glitter hairspray stuff at Walmart for a couple dollars a can! In the party supply section.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mad has worn off. I am so glad my daughter is not the only one.
The only thing I ever cut was my barbie's hair. I always had a pixie cut so she needed one too. Thank you to everyone who shared their stories. I t made me feel so much better.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its something ive never done, they way i rebelled against my mam was to let my hair grow and not get it cut because she made me have a bob for years when i was little.

i dont think any of my friends have cut their own hair to that extreme before neither

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

Does that mean YOU shaved an eyebrow off?? HEHEHEH. I HOPE SO since that'd mean I am not the only one who did this..
I SHAVED BOTH of my eyebrows off! My poor mom about had an heart attack when she saw me. She said I looked like an alien with no eyebrows and refused to have any pics taken of me until they grew back!

When she asked me why in the world I shaved my eyebrows, my response was - It was the only facial hair I had and I wanted to shave just like my daddy!!

Thankfully, my eyebrows grew back and aren't too bad looking.
one of my cousin's friends has/had the thickest eyelashes i've ever seen. she was a blonde, but had these thick, thick black eyelashes - everyone who met her commented on them.
yep, you guessed it - she cut them once, as a child. scared her mother silly [afterwards] because just think what could've happened!
this was before child 'safety' scissors [about 45 years ago] & i think she used her mother's sewing shears!

adrien29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My daughter just turned 5 on June 10. A month before that she cut her hair[emoji]128135[/emoji][emoji]128135[/emoji][emoji]128135[/emoji] I mean a lot. I was so sad,angry and mad I cried.

She and her brother went to their grandma's[emoji]128117[/emoji] house and from what I hear grandma usual keeps a basket behind or on top of the toilet were the scissors were kept .[emoji]9986[/emoji][emoji]9986[/emoji][emoji]9986[/emoji][emoji]9986[/emoji][emoji]9986[/emoji] When they came back from visiting for a week she had her hair up in a ponytail like she had just washed it. I kept looking at her hair and it was kind of short. I was torn. I asked people was that normal!!!! [emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji]

They told me of course [emoji]128558[/emoji][emoji]128558[/emoji] I don't know what to do with her. I mean she had curls, thick beautiful hair. What helps it grow fast? All I can do is wash ,brush and put Vaseline in her hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter Raina is now almost 12. we laugh about it now. It grows back.  My neighbours 2 little girls played rappunzel and both chopped their long beautiful hair. She had to take them into the hairdresser and get pixie cuts. It is heartbreaking when they cut their beautiful hair

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My daughter Raina is now almost 12. we laugh about it now. It grows back.  My neighbours 2 little girls played rappunzel and both chopped their long beautiful hair. She had to take them into the hairdresser and get pixie cuts. It is heartbreaking when they cut their beautiful hair
Ahk.... My DD (also 5) loves Rapunzel.  The difference is she doesn't want her hair cut.  She's had one very minor trim and one cut of about 5".  Her hair is almost waist length and she loves it; even in this summer heat!   She did lose a chunk of her hair when she was 2 and it got caught in some fly tape my very elderly Grandfather had set out in his house.  He couldn't reach up (he was 90 at the time) so he hung it low from a counter.  She walked by in the morning with big bed head.  I was surprised we could hide the damage!  Maybe that helped convince her that long hair is great! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter just turned 5 on June 10. A month before that she cut her hair[emoji]128135[/emoji][emoji]128135[/emoji][emoji]128135[/emoji] I mean a lot. I was so sad,angry and mad I cried.

She and her brother went to their grandma's[emoji]128117[/emoji] house and from what I hear grandma usual keeps a basket behind or on top of the toilet were the scissors were kept .[emoji]9986[/emoji][emoji]9986[/emoji][emoji]9986[/emoji][emoji]9986[/emoji][emoji]9986[/emoji] When they came back from visiting for a week she had her hair up in a ponytail like she had just washed it. I kept looking at her hair and it was kind of short. I was torn. I asked people was that normal!!!! [emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji][emoji]128552[/emoji]

They told me of course [emoji]128558[/emoji][emoji]128558[/emoji] I don't know what to do with her. I mean she had curls, thick beautiful hair. What helps it grow fast? All I can do is wash ,brush and put Vaseline in her hair.
Why vaseline?