My 4 cats, and my latest attempt at enrichment.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats, the youngest is now age 17 years. All have been with me since 4 months old. At this point, they lounge on the cat trees watching birds outside, and they nap. I have tried motion activated toys, catnip toys, flirt poles, and at my vet's suggestion a red laser toy. They observe, flop over and nap. I got this box, added ping pong balls, small soccer fidget balls, and high bounce balls, some catnip which I crumbled to release scent, and some Temptations treats - cat candy. For 48 hours, not only did they not go near the box, they would not even use the 2 cat trees near it! Finally, Bobby ventured in - but only with his front feet. My cats are weird.

The box:
P1020422 a.JPG

Bobby gives it a try. See the bases of 2 cat trees, not used for 2 days, too near the new invader, the box!
P1020423 A.JPG

He has a treat in his mouth ha haa.

P1020424 A.JPG

Tuppence, on the cat tree observing Bobby. That is the closest she would get. In the Bobby photos, this is the cat tree furthest to the right.
P1020425 A.JPG

Crystal. Since Bobby has ventured into the box, Crystal has swatted 2 ping pong balls out of it.
P1020426 A.JPG

Mandy. Not even willing to go in the room with the box.
P1020427 A.JPG

Mandy could hear Bobby rummaging in the box. Finally too much for her, she jumped down to hide, leaving some of her treats. She is across the hallway in a different room!
P1020429 A.JPG

I went back across the hallway to the other room, Bobby was still at it.
P1020430 A.JPG

And this video. I had the flash on for the still shots. Did not realize, or I would have turned on the ceiling light, so this vid is dark. But at least you can hear Bobby rummaging around. I will try to get another video, another day.

Video link
https://youtu.be/azQg6JDO1c4

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
get a much bigger box tape it shut and cut a few large holes in it. put the balls in there. I had two elderly cats that passed away this year. all they wanted to do was sit in the window, sleep or be near me and a tiny bit of laser toy. we didn't really want to over excite them because they were not well.