My 3 year old kneading and biting

no1isin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Hi Im a first time owner and ever since my cat was 10 weeks old he has been kneading his favorite blanket and purring.. then he might occassionly grab my hand bite my hand gently while grasping my arm with his body? Family think its not normal if i hide my hand he gets frustrated trying to pull it out of my sleeve or from under my blanket.
Well my question is it normal or aggresive behaviour I should correct? If so how do I deal with it?

eneida paulo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is completly normal behaviour for a cat!  And your cat in the pic looks so cute doing it.  Typically this is what a kitten would do to the mother cat to stimulite milk production.  Remember that domesticated cats never really "grow" up so all your cat is doing is kitten behaviour.  My cats, especially Chiquita does this all the time. She even has a favourite blanket and does it especially when I have the blanket on top of me.  This is absolutly NOT agressive behaviour.  It's completely normal and it means your cat thinks of you", or your couch or blanket  as it's "mommy" :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

no1isin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is completly normal behaviour for a cat!  And your cat in the pic looks so cute doing it.  Typically this is what a kitten would do to the mother cat to stimulite milk production.  Remember that domesticated cats never really "grow" up so all your cat is doing is kitten behaviour.  My cats, especially Chiquita does this all the time. She even has a favourite blanket and does it especially when I have the blanket on top of me.  This is absolutly NOT agressive behaviour.  It's completely normal and it means your cat thinks of you", or your couch or blanket  as it's "mommy" :)
Thank you that's great info very interesting, my friend jokes he was a pizza baker in a past life kneading all the time. Does your cats latch to your arm after kneading and bite your hand? Its a gentle bite

eneida paulo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You should try to gently discourage biting of your hands or feet.  Kittens and young cats do this as they think of you as your litter mate or mommy and that's what they do when they play with each other, but once the kitty gets bigger it can be an annoyance.  My cats are big now and they still knead and "suck"on a corner of a blanket or my sweater, which is fine.  When she is biting your hands or feet try to introduce a toy on a sting for her to chase as she is trying to "play fight"with you.