My 2 month old kitten keeps biting me

shilpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had adoped a kiten about 2 months back. He was an abandoned one and I have been taking care of him. He is in good health however he has started biting me while playing. What should I do ? Any advice ?

babylexus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our kitten did the same thing, we tried everything. Not giving her attention when she did so, etc but honestly I think it's just a kitten thing. She's a year old this month and still does it. As long as it's just while playing and it aggressive it's ok! If you absolutely don't want her to bite your hand don't play with the kitten with your hands. Use a toy and that should take care of it. We didn't mind so much so we still play with her with our hands and that's why she continues to bite. It's never hard though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shilpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Thanks a lot for the advice. I have been using toys to play with him but he seems to aim for the hands. I think you are right. It's a kitty thing. Since all my other kittens do the same with their momma cat. And for this one, I have been playing the part of his mother. So I will leave it on time then. Thanks again.

1fortheisland

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's a kitten thing, but it is treatable. I had this problem with one of my cats -- she was very bitey when she wanted attention. I got a water spritzer and gently sprayed her every time she bit me or my husband. Another method is to gently tap your cat on the nose; cats really hate this, and if they associate it with biteys, they'll stop doing biteys. Make sure you're consistent -- I had a major setback when I asked a friend to catsit, and he thought that biteys were hilarious, so I came home to an extremely bitey cat. I eventually managed to train her not to bite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shilpa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. I haven't tried this yet. So I will try and I hope it will work. I just want to stop this behaviour if possible before it gets out of control. Thanks for the help.