My 19 Year Old Cat 'ran Away' Two Doors Down. Turns Out There's More To The Story Than I Thought.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wolfie is VERY smart when he wants to be! He's just clueless.
LOL, I get that. Hekitty is as smart a cat as I've ever known, and I've know a cat or 1000 in my lifetime, but she's sometimes...thick. She'll SEE me put her ration of two treats in her treat dish, and then look aimlessly around the room until I say, "Hekitty, THEY ARE IN THERE!" At that point, she looks in the dish (like she's never seen it before), and dives in face first. As my dad often said, "Who knows from cats?"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EveAndHerThieves

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL, I get that. Hekitty is as smart a cat as I've ever known, and I've know a cat or 1000 in my lifetime, but she's sometimes...thick. She'll SEE me put her ration of two treats in her treat dish, and then look aimlessly around the room until I say, "Hekitty, THEY ARE IN THERE!" At that point, she looks in the dish (like she's never seen it before), and dives in face first. As my dad often said, "Who knows from cats?"
I love that! :p that sounds just like Wolfie. Today he spent 30 minutes trying to get a treat out of a nuzzle ball. What he didn't realize is that he was dropping treats ALL OVER THE FLOOR. But because they weren't where he expected them he didn't think to sniff. Spoon, on the other hand, was thrilled. She followed him around, waiting until he moved so she could get to the pile of treats he left behind. Wolfie is brilliant, but also....not. We *think* it's because he was taken away from his mama about a week after his little eyes opened. (He left WAY too young) and then he got fixed before he fully matured (Not that he WAS maturing) He's seriously like a little dog sometimes.

my favorite thing about Wolfie has to be the fact that if you're downstairs with HIS fishing pole (NOT the other cats okay!??!) he'll grab the mouse, hiss, growl, and then haul it. Up the stairs. Across the kitchen. Out the cat door. Across the back yard. Into the side yard. While you still have the pole. He'll then drop it and hiss at it like that will work. We just got VERY strong fishing wire so we can wind it back up from the basement.

He also has NO CLUE how to catch things. He thinks the only way to attack things is to run OVER it, so it's under his belly, then roll. He'll grab it with his front paws mid roll and hopefully bite it. As a result, he thinks cats who play with lasers are idiots.

My neighbor sent me the video of Clyde running into her house! He's timid, but focused.

Dropbox - video-1538624439.mp4

Of Clyde, we love you. Even if you are mad that there's no sunbeam.

EveAndHerThieves

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's too, too funny! If inspiration hits, and you write a book based on these two (I'm thinking maybe even a cozy mystery series) I'LL BUY THEM ALL!
Haha, that's very flattering! I'll fully admit, I gravitate more towards Young Adult fantasy books than animal mysteries. I may end up writing a few short stories and have them bound for my kids someday, though. Maybe some long-ish picture books.

I could seriously update you every twenty minutes on the stupidity that is Wolfie. There is NEVER a dull moment with him, even when he's asleep. The fact that he hangs out with Clyde is just a bonus. Though now that I've been praising him for being a good babysitter he's made himself scarce.

Case in point. Wolfie just tried to run at the food dish at full speed. This food dish is on an old piano bench so Clyde doesn't get into it. This piano bench has been there over a year and a half. It has NOT changed. The piano bench is still covered in old leather. Wolfie knows this. And yet, Wolfie had the brilliant idea to run at the food dish at full speed, jump on the piano bench, skid OFF the end of the bench, taking the food with him. The dish crashed onto the wall, making a loud sound and splattering food. This scared him, causing him to run full speed across the room and up his cat tree. He's now cleaning his legs like nothing happened. He's not even embarrassed.

Clyde is thrilled. He's having floor food for dinner.

(He happened to be downstairs on my heated blanket telling me he's cold, so he saw it. I'm too tired to clean it up since I have been cleaning ALL DAY. Luckily by morning it will be gone)

Clyde had an active day again! Our weather just turned for the winter, bringing snow to the mountains. The sun has also changed, so his warm roasting porch is now cold. He followed the sun across the yard all day. Whenever he got into the shadow he would move within ten minutes. And he always looked so confused about sitting down. For an old fat man, getting up and down that many times is like training for the Olympics. It takes him upwards of an hour to get up to eat dinner, and that's when he's hungry.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Clyde is my 19 year old cat. I adopted him from a neighbor who could no longer care for him after the death of his wife. (It was her cat, she had cancer) He came to me with a UTI, bladder infection, a serious heart murmur, kidney stones, kidney failure, no muscle tone, a horrible limp, and ALWAYS has a snotty nose. In short, he can't go very far. He doesn't even go downstairs to pee. I've taken six months to pour $4K into medical (Including a tooth removal) and he's now doing better. He's VERY spoiled, since he can't really walk. With intense rehab be can now walk across the room with only two stops to wheeze (nose issues.) We mostly carry him around, and he gets checked on about 15 times a day.

This is important to know, because it means he does NOT go far. I often let him out on my porch for hours at a time so he can soak up the warmth from the sun (He's always cold.) Wolfie, my younger male, has taken up the role of babysitter. If Clyde is outside, Wolfie is nearby... Somewhere.

Since he spends a lot of time outside, it's not uncommon for us to get distracted and forget to check on him for an hour or so. It's fine, he has food and water, shade and never leaves the porch. Until...

On the 4th I went to check on him around 9pm. He wasn't there. The garage door was open, so I checked inside the house even though that's VERY unlikely. He only sits in four exact spots, never changing. Nope. Nope. Nothing. I was beginning to panic a little, thinking he'd run off to die. He wasn't in the back yard, or the front yard. He wasn't coming to the sound of his food - which he ALWAYS does. This was NOT good.

Finally, after about 20 minutes, I see Wolfie come running across the road. He kept glancing around, and walking in the middle of the road like he was unsure he should come home. It hit me that maybe he was with Clyde, so I went to check it out. I checked under the pine tree, the bushes, nothing. I kept calling his name, and finally I spotted him across the street under a lamp post. Three houses away. With his limp/snuffly nose it would have taken him 20 minutes to get that far. Thank heavens Wolfie saw him, or I never would have found him.

He's on a special diet due to his kidneys. Two days earlier he'd run out of solid foods, and was on his canned food. I figured it was a temper tantrum since he's a grumpy old man. His food arrived in the mail the next day, and all was well.

Or so I thought.

My neighbor just came over today. I came outside in the middle of the conversation, where she was talking about one of my cats getting into her house. The way she was talking sounded like Wolfie. She had a super dark photo on her phone, which did NOT look like Wolfie. I couldn't make out the coloring, though. She also had a video, luckily.

It was Clyde. Walking through her garage, getting REALLY mad that her toy poodles were barking at him and jumping on him. He was meowing at them to go away. I was horrified - this neighbor happens to be my landlord, and doesn't *exactly* know how many cats I have. Also, a cat inviting himself in is rude.

She explained that about 7pm she came home and left her garage door open to do some yard work. She also had the back garage door open to get to the trash cans. Apparently Clyde came stomping over, stomped through her garage and went outback. While he chewed out her dogs for barking. After stomping out back he stomped to her pet door - that he's NEVER seen before, I can only guess he assumed one would be there because I have one - he then shoved himself THROUGH the pet door. Keep in mind, he's 15 pounds, and this door is made for an 8 pound dog. Once inside her house he made a beeline for the dog food that happened to be out.

That's right. He broke into her house for dog food.

She picked him up and sat him back outback before realizing he CANNOT jump. At all. And the only way to my house is over a fence. So she took the fat cat through her garage and set him out front. Nope. He dud a U-turn and went back into her garage, heading for the food. She ended up closing her garage door, both of them, taking him through her house, and setting him on her porch. She then had to hurry to close the door behind him. She was trapped inside, he was trapped out. He then spent the next thirty or so minutes sniffing around trying to get back in. Until I found him.

This cat has NEVER done more than sneak downstairs for the 'junk food' my other cats eat. He was NOT hungry, I was feeding him properly. But the stinky snot decided to 'run away' and find food. I've no idea how he decided she had food, or how he managed to get through her pet door. Her poor dogs were upset for two days about his smell. (Note: He's never lived with dogs. Ever)

To have him shove his way into my landlord's house TWICE, harass her dogs, and eat her dog food made me turn bright pink. Then we all burst out laughing. The video WAS pretty funny. I'm lucky she's so calm about my hoard of cats.

Clyde, on the other hand, will never be out of his food again. I didn't know cats could throw temper tantrums that epic. I laugh every time I think about it, and HAD to share. On a good day he moves maybe 20 feet every six hours. So his mini adventure was very impressive.

I now love this cat even more. He's gone from "I'm sick, take care of me." to a proper grumpy old man who runs away. I'm just glad he didn't take Wolfie with him.

Anyway, I just had to share my story of my amazing cat. He's a big pile of blubber, and apparently has an attitude worse than I thought. I've no idea if I'm going to be mad at him, or laugh myself silly.

I laughed so hard I thought I was never going to quit. I'm still laughing.
I even made a print-out to send to a friend, she used to be on a different cat channel and I have been trying to get her to try us.

Last edited:

EveAndHerThieves

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I laughed so hard I thought I was never going to quit. I'm still laughing.
I even made a print-out to send to a friend, she used to be on a different cat channel and I have been trying to get her to try us
Aww, thank you!! I have serious social anxiety so that's wonderful to hear. I can't take all the credit, though. Wolfie and Clyde played a big part. ;)

And I STILL want a copy! I shall pay costs. And I laughed so hard at THAT post that I was in danger of having to change my clothes!
You make me blush! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I feel all inspired now, haha. But I have to finish my latest costume first before I take up a new project. Styling a wig into huge horns is a tricky job!

I think Clyde bet Wolfie he couldn't run and stop on the piano bench. 'Cause you know old guys are always like that with the young'uns
Knowing Clyde, he didn't even have to say anything. He's just like "Hey, if I sit here long enough Wolfie will do something stupid. Guaranteed." Then it's just a matter of waiting. It's not a matter of IF Wolfie does something stupid, it's WHEN. Within two days of adopting him he was found midway up our Christmas tree snacking on the branches. This same cat then spent two and a half weeks throwing himself at my cat tree from different angles so he could get to the top perch. He was OBSESSED with getting up on top of things. Of course, as soon as he got up he rolled off. (At this point he's about as big as my hand. And fell off a seven foot cat tree.) Once he learned to climb it he happily smacked his head into the wall by it every day to catch his toys. We're still not sure if he has massive brain damage, or is just very clueless.

We also love Socks and Wolfie! Those two have had a fun upbringing. Socks is my tiny little Persian mix. She's full of spunk and dosen't let anybody get in her way. She uses her chunky little body as a weapon. NOBODY fights with her due to her glare. (To be fair, she would lose EVERY SINGLE FIGHT.) She's special, she knows it. She's also very smart. Very smart. Too smart.
We ended up with Wolfie in a roundabout way. My brother's girlfriend's sister's friend's friend had kittens. The sister's friend adopted one (They were only JUST eating solids. WAY too young!!) she brought it home and her parents said no. Home Number One. So friend gave it to sister, who brought it home to her grandmother. Three hours later, grandmother said no. Home Number Two. So sister gave it to another friend. Later that day friend called and said parents said no. Home Number Three. So sister brought it to brother's girlfriend, who brought it home. They were going to keep it in the room they were renting. Roommate found out and said no. Home Number Four. So my brother, knowing I'm an idiot, called ME instead of my mom and asked if I'd take in the kitten. (By now he'd been away from mama for less than 24 hours) I overrode my mother and said heck yeah. Home Number Five.

Wolfie was hyperactive, and useless to begin with. Socks, being my very special little chunky girl, took one look and went "I can train this." And so she did. When he would come running at her for attention - since she is often with me, and I often had to take care of Wolfie - she would swat him across the tile floor. One would think after the 5th or so time that Wolfie would go away. No. Wolfie thought it was AMAZING. This was the Best Game Ever. He would run at her at full speed so she would swat him across the room. Socks was mostly annoyed, but put up with it. Who doesn't like having someone to pound on?
As Wolfie got older, he found new things to amuse himself - that stick, those rocks, that blade of grass, some cat toys, a fishing pole, back to the grass. He left Socks alone for about six months to a year. Then summer hit. And Socks got hyper.
Suddenly Woflie isn't this tiny little thing to pound. Suddenly Wolfie is a clueless cat who loves anything that moves. So Socks got this bright idea. She likes to streak across the yard, hoping I'll chase her. One day she was streaking when Wolfie went after her. Bingo. Her new toy. She would happily race across the yard, with Wolfie in tow, getting her energy out. Sometimes she would chase Wolfie, but mostly he chased her, looking very confused, but happy.
Now the important thing to know about Socks is that she runs hot and cold. She doesn't wear out like a normal cat. She goes from "I AM CRAZY WATCH ME RUN!!!" to "I'm done and asleep leave me alone stupid." in about half a second. I'm not kidding. This is important because when she gets done playing she's NOT kind about letting you know. She chomps. Painfully. So poor Wolfie would spend 30 minutes chasing Socks, only to be chomped when she was done. He'd sit there howling in pain while she pranced off. To make it worse, sometimes she'd wrestle him a bit first before biting him.
The stupid thing still loved playing with her all summer. We tried getting Socks to cut it out, but you don't win with her. You duel to the draw. (It took me a year and a half to feel comfortable leaving her inside with my bird. She tried to kill him SO MANY TIMES. So we leashed her. She would literally strangle herself - choking sounds and all - until you let her off. Then two minutes later she'd be at the bird. Lock her inside? She BROKE the wooden garage door panel to let herself out, then sits outside and smirks when you come home.)
Somehow she trained him to be her pet. He would follow her around lovingly, waiting for her to streak so he could play. He idolized her. Even when she stole his toys, or bit his tail, he would follow her around like a little puppy.

We finally had a harsh winter hit, and they grew apart (thank heavens). Wolfie found he likes burying himself in the snow, making us panic that he's suffocating. Socks found out she likes hiding in the attic and scaring people by making her think there's ghosts in the wall. All was well for about two years, until Clyde got ill. Now the cycle is repeating, with Wolfie lovingly following Clyde around all the time.
This is GREAT for me, since Clyde has separation issues and can't be alone sometimes. He has bad weeks, and good weeks. So Wolfie following him around like a love struck puppy was helpful for me, since it comforted Clyde. Where Clyde was, Wolfie was. And usually Wolfie was trying to merge with Clyde and become one.
Wolf got bored since Clyde doesn't DO anything, and has found grasshoppers to keep him company, but he still hangs out in the yard with Clyde. Even though he's not trying to BECOME Clyde, he keeps a close eye on him. If Clyde is having an off day, Wolfie will bring his latest bug to the porch to play with so Clyde won't be lonely.

We're pretty sure it's thanks to Socks training Wolfie to be her own personal servant that he now follows Clyde around so easily. It's also part of his nature. Despite how clueless he is, and how many rocks he tries to eat, he has a very large heart, and is very caring. He's also very smart when he chooses to be. It's just more fun not to listen.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We're still not sure if he has massive brain damage, or is just very clueless.
Neither. He is just..."otherly wired." Let's be kind. Or not.

She's also very smart. Very smart. Too smart.
I'm in touch. When Hekitty isn't being thick as a brick, she may be the smartest cat I've ever known. AND she can open every door in the house, which is why the deadbolts are on at all times unless I am in the actual room. She can even manage the round knobs. There is nothing quite like having your securely closed closet door creeeeeeeeeak slowly opened in the middle of the night! I've learned to deal with it...except on those occasions when Hek is snuggled up next to me when it happens.

EveAndHerThieves

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha. Socks is like that. You know when you adopt a new cat, there is about a month where you have to train them not to eat the birds/go on the counter etc? Nine cats, never had a problem. We adopted Socks....

Brought her in, went to the top of the stairs (Split level) and she went from "I AM TERRIFIED!!" to "Bird. Imma eat the bird. Bird." For the first year if we went outside either my cockatiels came with me or she did. No exceptions. Ever. We had chicken wire under our computer desk. She was sleeping behind it in the two inch gap so that she could scare my cockatiel (His cage was next to the desk.) Then she managed to go behind the stand my cockatiels were on. Up on the shelves and launch onto the top of his cage. She'd sleep there and smirk, while he sat in sheer terror. After about two years I'd leave her in the house with my cockatiels if the cockatiels were locked up. I'd come home to her behind the curtain watching. I think it took two and a half years before she got the memo to leave them alone. She still kind of makes that "ehehehe" noise sometimes, then catches herself.
She's a monster. Our neighbor was ticked off at the cat problem in the neighborhood and rounded up all the cats for the shelter. When I brought all mine back they started 'vanishing'. We knew what had happened. We passed out over 150 fliers, posted on every local site possible, etc. It stopped the very next day. I lost two cats, my neighbor lost one.
Clearly we couldn't let them out anymore. We were lucky that we had a raised deck outback, with the back garage door nearby. We closed off the garage with chicken wire, and made a tunnel to under the deck. We put shelves in there, toys, etc. We always left the back door open so they could go outside and look.
Two days later we came home to Socks sitting on the porch, smirking. Put her back inside, she shows up later that night outside. We THOUGHT it was part of the main garage door. We didn't see any hair, but we bricked it off anyway. Next morning she's back outside.
It took us three weeks to discover her trick. She would climb the shelves in the garage, walk ACROSS the garage door track, jump to the garage door and pull some of the wood out. From there she shoved herself through a tiny holy about six feet off the ground to escape.
We closed it off. And she moved on. When she found the cat area outside she would sit in the middle of the tunnel so no cat could get in or out. We ended up building a second level in the tunnel so the other cats could get out. She then took up sitting on top of the tunnel, waiting for a cat to pound.

She's smart. Very smart. We're very lucky that we moved, and she settled with 'old age'. But between her and Wolfie my hands are full. She still ends up in places she shouldn't, acting like she's been there for HOURS (when you know it's been thirty seconds.) We both love and hate her. I should have known when it took the people we adopted her from SIX HOURS to catch her - when her siblings were climbing into the car - that she'd be trouble. I wouldn't trade her for all the riches in the world. Even if she does like playing with black widow spiders.

Wolfie has been sick lately so he can't amuse me. He started hacking up hairballs. So I gave him hairball treatment. He's now been barfing up for a week. It's spread to all my other cats. They've all got runny noses now. If it doesn't clear up they're all off to the vet. I've called my vet and she thinks it's just a kitty cold, though. They have immune system boosting herbs in their water, which always helps. I thought hairball treatment was supposed to HELP. He's hacked up so many hairballs I'm surprised he has any hair left!

Clyde is also not doing much. The weather turned for the winter, and he's cold. I took a heating pad and put it under his cat bed. (Which is actually a dog bed. He's a big boy.) I leave it on low when I'm in the room. He discovered this, and won't get out of the bed. Normally he eats about six times a day, pees four times, and drinks about ten. I had to push him out of the bed today. He's only eaten once. And then he sulked right back to the bed and glared at me. I may have created an addiction issue. He's furious I'm making him drink liquids. (We did the same thing when he discovered sunbeams... He has a heart issue, he can't be in direct sunlight.)

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Clyde is also not doing much. The weather turned for the winter, and he's cold. I took a heating pad and put it under his cat bed. (Which is actually a dog bed. He's a big boy.) I leave it on low when I'm in the room. He discovered this, and won't get out of the bed.
LOL, Hekitty got a heated cat bed from Santa last year. When she goes missing that's the first place I look!

EveAndHerThieves

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So after I posted this I began to watch Wolfie. People said he's probably super smart. After much studying I'm conflicted.

Point One:

Clyde vanished about 11am after eating at his food dish. I figured he'd gone downstairs to pee and stuff his face with junk food. I let him be and went out front to do yard work. About 15 minutes later Wolfie shows up on my roof. Meowing and saying hello. Wolfie doesn't know how to get off the roof. He gets on just fine, but never off.
Scene setting: The only way to get on/off the roof is by our fence. Our yard is bowl shaped, with the curve getting steeper on the left side of the yard. Meaning the left side of the yard is higher than the right. This means the fence ends about a foot below the roof. It's a thick plastic/fake rock fence. We keep a ladder on the back side of the fence to get up and clean out the ever clogged gutters. The cats have taken up using this to climb onto the fence. The other side of the fence has the AC unit, so there's no actual gate in that side of the fence. The only way out back is either through the house, or via the gate clear on the other side of the yard. This is important to know.
The problem: We're out front, Wolfie is on the roof. Wolfie wants to come be social with us on the ground. Wolfie doesn't realize he can get down, walk around the house, and come outside. TOO. MUCH. WORK. We're HERE. So he's sitting there crying for attention and trying to figure out how to make a six foot leap onto the car parked nowhere near him. That would go well.
The solution: I call Wolfie so he sees me, and walk around the house, calling him. He watches me go through the gate. He KNOWS I'm in the backyard. But he's in the FRONT yard. I go over to the ladder and call him. Nope. Nothing. Louder yell. Nope. He's busy staring at people out front. So I grab 'his' fishing pole with a cat mouse on the end. He WILL NOT let the other cats play with this toy. Ever. I snap it back and forth a few times, and begin playing with Fiddle. Thirty seconds after I begin making very quiet sounds with this fishing pole Wolfie comes running across the roof, jumps down onto the fence - so he CAN get down after all! Moron - and runs at the mouse. Then he runs PASSED it. To clear across the yard.
The aftermath: I followed Wolfie to praise him for actually getting off the roof. He's out sitting in the middle of the yard looking annoyed. When I get over I see Clyde was hidden behind a bucket, looking very confused. Turns out 'his' sunbeam wasn't hitting 'his' chair, and the shade was cold. So he left to find the sunbeam. He found it, but the ground was cold. He didn't understand, so he was sitting there wondering what to do. I went and grabbed him a thick blanket, and folded it up for him. Once I sat it down he snuggled right into it. Wolfie meanwhile was playing on the trampoline. (There was a leaf. If he jumped at it, the leaf moved. It MOVED, okay??)
Once I got Clyde settled Wolfie happily ran out front the right way.
Conclusion: Either Wolfie just happens to be in the right place a lot, or somehow Clyde has trained Wolfie. This means Wolfie is either smart - he DID get off the roof, after all - or Clyde just takes advantage of the situation and HE is smart. I *think* it just happened that way, but the way Wolfie was acting it sure seemed like he wasn't going to be happy until Clyde was taken care of. Ten minutes later they both moved onto the patio chairs once the sunbeam hit. Wolfie curled up in the same position as Clyde. When Clyde came in 30 minutes later Wolfie vanished. I'm beginning to think Clyde is the mastermind....

Point two:

My cats are OBSESSED with the Temptations cat treats. More than catnip. Spoon especially is addicted. Horribly addicted. She'll find the bag, knock it over, and try for an hour to get through the seal. I have a little nuzzle ball - the kind that's shaped like an egg with three holes in the top. You can twist a thing to open the holes further, use all three holes, only use two holes, use one hole, etc. Varying levels of challenge for my cats. I've taken up filling it with treats. Spoon will spend an hour getting every single one out, and knows when it's empty.
This time Wolfie got to the nuzzle ball first. Since it's Wolfie I set it to a fairly easy setting. One hole, pretty far open. All he has to do is push it and a treat will easily fall out. A moron can do it. I thought.
I'm playing games so I'm not watching, but I can hear Wolfie pushing the ball around for about thirty minutes. I finally look, and he's pushed it clear across the basement. You can see his exact path by all the treats he's left behind. There's easily 15 of them. If the treat doesn't fall EXACTLY under the egg he thinks there's nothing there and continues pushing. I don't know why he doesn't sniff for them.
By this point Spoon has shown up due to the noise. She's happily following his trail, eating every single treat he leaves behind. SHE is using her nose. When she gets them all she sits and waits. Wolfie pushes the nuzzle ball further, getting about maybe one treat. But he leaves about six behind. As soon as he's moved a foot Spoon takes over and cleans up the ones he left behind. I watched for a while and noticed Wolfie only got about eight treats. Spoon has had about 20, though. (There's a reason they only gets treats once a month....)
And yet, if I give them treats all at the same time Wolfie knows the other cats have treats. He'll bully them out of the way and take their treats.

Wolfie also rolled down my entire staircase - 14 steps, VERY steep - and was fine with it. He had a pipe cleaner and it needed to die.

My theory is that Wolfie, despite being nearly three, is stuck being a kitten. He acts like a kitten, despite the fact he's the largest cat in my house - he's HUGE. I think he likes Clyde, and has adopted him as his parental figure. I think Clyde has begun taking advantage of this a little bit, but I also think a lot just happens because Clyde is usually with me and Wolfie likes humans. He's not this amusing with any of my other cats. I think that's because they swat him for being too close. I also think that since Wolfie is stuck being a kitten, he is in fact VERY clueless. But SO FREAKING CUTE. There's never a dull day when Wolfie is around.

Clyde has started going downhill pretty good, so I don't foresee him running away again. He still keeps me amused anyway. Nobody else finds it sweet that when he sneezes boogers at you he feels bad and tries to lick them up for you. (He's had sinus issues since he was a kitten.) Clyde is very aware of how humans feel and tries to behave in a way that pleases us.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my heavens!!

things like this :flail:

Wolfie also rolled down my entire staircase - 14 steps, VERY steep - and was fine with it. He had a pipe cleaner and it needed to die.
I lost track of this thread, thought maybe you-all had moved on, found it again (could you tell, with the late purraises LOL) and now am wondering how everyone is doing.

Especially Clyde - his doppelganger has been resting in the back of my mind this entire time :heartshape: