My 1 year old picky Peterbald won't eat his wet food

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He ate a little, but then stopped, he only eats Fancy Feast and Friskies wet food that has gravy and the appetizers, but won't eat dry food anymore.

Kiki's Mommy
That is fine .  Wet is good . As long as he eats about two 5 to 6 oz's  per day he should be fine ..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kiki had a little breakfast and dinner today. Do you think that's enough food for him? or do you think i should still go to the vet with him?

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I think it's time for a vet visit. Kiki's appetite has been dwindling for sometime. This is not just simply a cat being picky.

It is fine (actually good) if he eats wet food only. But, he needs (on average) to be eating either two 3 oz cans daily, or one 5.5/6 oz can daily. This fully depends on the amount of calories are in the food.

As mentioned before, the FancyFeast *appetizers* are not a complete balanced diet (they do not contain the necessary vitamins and minerals).

He needs to eat, and if the appetizer trays are getting him to do so, great! But, do not feed them as a meal for more than a few days.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kiki had a little breakfast and dinner today. Do you think that's enough food for him? or do you think i should still go to the vet with him?
How is Kiki today ? If he is not eating the required amount   he does need to see the Vet . Not  eating can cause very serious health issues that you do not want . Please keep us updated ..

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it's time for a vet visit. Kiki's appetite has been dwindling for sometime. This is not just simply a cat being picky.

It is fine (actually good) if he eats wet food only. But, he needs (on average) to be eating either two 3 oz cans daily, or one 5.5/6 oz can daily. This fully depends on the amount of calories are in the food.

As mentioned before, the FancyFeast *appetizers* are not a complete balanced diet (they do not contain the necessary vitamins and minerals).

He needs to eat, and if the appetizer trays are getting him to do so, great! But, do not feed them as a meal for more than a few days.
He also eats Friskies gravy lovers and tasty treasures and they are complete meals.

How is Kiki today ? If he is not eating the required amount   he does need to see the Vet . Not  eating can cause very serious health issues that you do not want . Please keep us updated ..
He is eating Friskies that has gravy and Fancy Feast appetizers, by the way 2 weeks ago he ate really well cause they used to have Fancy Feast wet food that contained gravy and not anymore so it's not that serious and i don't think Kiki needs the vet right now. 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He also eats Friskies gravy lovers and tasty treasures and they are complete meals.

He is eating Friskies that has gravy and Fancy Feast appetizers, by the way 2 weeks ago he ate really well cause they used to have Fancy Feast wet food that contained gravy and not anymore so it's not that serious and i don't think Kiki needs the vet right now. 
Ok , that is great .  From    the way you worded your posts I got the impression he was not eating anything at all .  I am glad he is doing well ..

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just noticed Kiki has something like a scratch on his neck and he is also fussy?

poor Kiki