My 1 Year And 3 Month Old Cat Is Pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindsy Tustin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok baby 5 is small and having hard time finding the milk source and won’t open its mouth but only to meow I’m scared for it what do I do

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will it nurse if you put it to a nipple? You can also try a nipple that a stronger kitten has just nursed from.

If not, do you have kitten milk replacer?

Lindsy Tustin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Will it nurse if you put it to a nipple? You can also try a nipple that a stronger kitten has just nursed from.

If not, do you have kitten milk replacer?
The others were pushing it away so I did what you said before I even read this comment and it did work and it’s been like 8 hours since the final baby and 2 hours since I fell asleep and I woke to kittens crying and they are all doing well and the little one has been eating very well

Lindsy Tustin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so I have a sister cat and daddy cat to my momma kitty when can they meet the kittens. They know something is up because they can’t enter the room they are shut out of. I am so sorry for so many posts just never had a cat have kittens before and all 5 and momma are doing so well so far

Lindsy Tustin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the experienced ones with this - Sarthur2 Sarthur2 and talkingpeanut talkingpeanut would advise to keep them separate from the muma and kittens

I am keeping them separated I just was wondering when they can eventually meet like weeks or months and I have time to wait for someone else to answer cause they’re definitely not meeting yet

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They do need to stay separated, but you could bring them in one at a time under your direct supervision to show them the kittens.

The other cats should not pick up the kittens in their mouths or disturb them.

And this should be brief. Mama may growl or hiss.

Lindsy Tustin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They do need to stay separated, but you could bring them in one at a time under your direct supervision to show them the kittens.

The other cats should not pick up the kittens in their mouths or disturb them.

And this should be brief. Mama may growl or hiss.
Right I’m just going to give her a bit of time since she is still exhausted but I understand that that’s why I have them apart for the time being so she can bound with her babies