My 1 1/2 year old Kitten has Red & Raw Nose

uhhnortonyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, I have my 1 1/6 year old English Muffin ( 50 Munchkin x 50 British Shorthair ) and on Sunday I had noticed her nose was red and raw like and by Sunday night it seems to look like it was getting a little better and I went to work Monday and when I got home it was back to be red and raw and shiny like. She is eating and drinking and doesn’t seem lethargic really. I’ve tried looking online but can’t find anything. On Saturday we did have a surprise birthday party for my 81 year old grand mother and quite a few people were over but they were upstairs the whole time while she was down stairs in her area the whole time.

The first picture is Sunday Morning.
The second picture is Monday Morning
The third picture is Tuesday Morning ( Today )

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
Do strangers stress her to the point she might have been licking her nose repeatedly? Does she play hard and could have bumped into something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

uhhnortonyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Do strangers stress her to the point she might have been licking her nose repeatedly? Does she play hard and could have bumped into something?
She plays somewhat rough but only with me and hasn’t bumped into anything and she doesn’t really stress around strangers but we also do not have that many people usually over. But she has a whole down stairs living room, two bedrooms, & bathroom downstairs where nobody came down to during the surprise party.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I have no idea what that might be, but you can try chamomile tea to see if you can speed up the healing.
Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on her nose area with cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day.

Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for her to ingest should she do so.

If that doesn't heal it up, you should probably have a vet take a look at it.

uhhnortonyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I have no idea what that might be, but you can try chamomile tea to see if you can speed up the healing.
Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on her nose area with cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day.

Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for her to ingest should she do so.

Thank you! I will pick some up at the store today! I noticed it’s a little inside one nostril and not the other

uhhnortonyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I guess the vet doesn’t have an appointment till the 7th. But they said it’s fine since she’s eating and drinking

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hopefully, the tea will clear it up between now and then. You could also talk to the vet about a walk-in appt. just to have a vet tech take a swab sample of the tissue for further analysis.

uhhnortonyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This was her this morning at 8:00
7F808270-EA2E-4D5C-85E4-8634EDE5D750.jpeg