Muted Tortie?

kitty's seeker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by 709Juggalette

Awww..she sounds like a character!
She is...

I don't have a photo bucket account and asked Dusty's Mom to put one of Kitty's pictures in hers and link it so you can see her. I can't do it from work and I can't see photo bucket pix from work either...darn it!

Kitty is completely torti colored on her back while her face, legs and tummy are striped!

Oh and she's also the biggest little mooch I've ever had...she will stretch up and then tries to steal food off my plate! So far she loves regular meat (unseasoned) and potatoe chips. She will climb into my lap and have to drink from my 32 oz water glass....I have to hold it so she doesn't tip it over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh she is definatly not silver...silver is one of my favorite colors and I once seen a GORGEOUS silver tabby and wow! Her fur just shone...I should of stole her!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She looks like Lily! This is Lily as a baby

And the orange patches got darker as she got older. This is her at 3 years old (this photo best shows her colour):

I call her a dilute patched tabby or dilute torbie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

She looks like Lily! This is Lily as a baby

And the orange patches got darker as she got older. This is her at 3 years old (this photo best shows her colour):

I call her a dilute patched tabby or dilute torbie.
WOW! Berlin and Lucy could be sisters!!!

palyke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My muted tortoiseshell is with out tabby strips .  Juliette is 7 yrs old, but sure doesn't act it most of the time.  She is very vocal and very loving. 

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she is blue-cream, and a patched tabby, or torbie. If a kitty is tortoiseshell and white, the patches are usually larger, like this:
That is my cat Christy. She is a dilute calico, also known as blue-cream and white. If you look closely you can see she has stripes in the cream but not the blue, and has larger patches. (Red and cream are always tabby. Black and blue can be tabby or not. So a tortie or calico can have tabby red and solid black, or else tabby red and tabby black, but never solid red--though the stripes in the red patches can be quite faint, like they are with Christy.) Your kitty has smaller patches and has stripes in both cream and blue, with no white patches. The larger the white patches, the larger and more sharply defined the colored patches tend to be. If there's no white at all, the colors are all mixed together like a fancy carpet.

Last edited: