Must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure why, but I woke up kind of cranky today. I mean, I was actually upset that my husband would ask me to move out of his way so he could get his breakfast dishes out (so he can eat), but that he didn't think to get mine out too (which, in all honesty, I would do for him without having to think about it).

Then, as we're getting ready to leave for work, I realize I have three missed calls on my personal phone (from the IT outage people). My boss it out of town for a week and I'm on call, so I check the on-call phone: no missed calls at all. So this makes me even more angry and upset because I just know that I'm going to get chewed out for not answering the phone!

So then I get to thinking about how my boss will react when she realizes that not only did I miss the calls, but that I did nothing about them (granted, the called me at 1:30 a.m. and again at 3:00 a.m.)and I get worked up thinking of the best way to tell her to fly a kite if she wants to point fingers.

I get to the office, no nasty, passive-aggressive emails from my boss, so I email her to let her know.

I start to think, "Hey, things are starting to look up." as I take a nice big gulp of coffee. Only to then realize that it tastes like SOAP. *head desk* Which brings me full circle to my annoyance with my husband this morning, since he's the one who washed my cup.

He really is a great man, and I know I don't really need to be upset with him, but I am just SO CRANKY! Thank God we don't work in the same building, this way I can get over it before lunch. (Which, btw, he packed the leftover frozen pizza for lunch, when all I really wanted was a sandwich).

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dont feel bad!! i have been the same way for a few days! Just today, DH asked me to stop by his work and we could go get lunch. while, i got there, and he was imursed in someone ELSE"s work. I told him, let so and so handle it, and he said he couldnt, that the client wasnet a nice person, and so and so, didnt want to deal with him. so i got mad, and he got mad and told me jsut to go home!

So i laid rubber in the parking lot, went home, and havent spoken to him yet,lol

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
arg arnt men hard to figure out?! my boyfriend didn't want to do dishes after he cooked dinner (which was nice of him i agree) and so i said i'd do them and when I went to go do them today he put water in some of the dishes with food stuck in them but not others so there was a mess all over the place ARG lol I know it isn't a major thing but alas I thought I would tell that I understand how you feel

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've definatly had those days before. So glad it is not one of those today or I might have to hurt people!
Just keep in mind that it will probably be better tomorrow!!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, that sounds like me when DH says he will be ready to leave work at 5, and then at 6:30 I'm still here waiting for him to go. Yesterday he was like "okay, I've gone as far as I'm gonna go today on this transmission" ... then picked up part of it and proceeded to spend another 45 minutes tinkering with it.
We'll see how early he leaves today ... he says between 5-5:30. Suuuure.

I've laid rubber, slammed doors, etc. - cuz we always end up arguing about it. Then we forget about it an hour or two later and go on our merry way
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The day finished off much better!!! DH sent me an e-card (really cute teddy bear giving me a hug), I vented with a coworker about my boss (and still can't figure out the issue with the on call phone), and then I left early because I didn't want to deal with people.

I spent the rest of the afternoon snuggled with DH on the couch, just talking and watching TV, then my mom came down for our cake decorating class, we ate dinner, went to class, and I came home and played WoW with DH.

Today is much MUCH better as well. I told DH I was a bit annoyed that he didn't get my breakfast dishes down and he said that he didn't want to be in my way anymore than was necessary, that's why he didn't do it. I told him I figured that out, but it annoyed me yesterday, lol.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
don´t give up!...

Originally Posted by emrldsky

Today is much MUCH better as well. I told DH I was a bit annoyed that he didn't get my breakfast dishes down and he said that he didn't want to be in my way anymore than was necessary, that's why he didn't do it. I told him I figured that out, but it annoyed me yesterday, lol.
you see?...today is another history!..

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, rough life. Your husband gets his dishes out of the cupboard, washes your coffee cup and even makes your lunch!

me thinks you must not be cranky very often. Seems like he's trying pretty hard to be good to you and I'm sure he wouldn't if you were always mad.

Everyone has the right to have bad days, just relax when you get home and remember tomorrow will be better.

EDIT: wups just noticed you already did have a better day. Good1

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your day turned out well
for other days like that which I hope with all my heart you do not have
but just incase a pair of clean socks bitten on wile screaming seems to help so I'm told