Must.Finish.Book!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Anyone else get so wrapped up in a story you loose all track of time and responsibility?
I stayed up till 4am reading last night (good thing I had today off!) and now I'm trying to calculate how long it will take me to reach the end of this story!

(I'm reading a wonderful historical/romance novella! - All clean stories BTW!!)
I sooo did that with the Harry Potter Books.. I got so into them I would read and read till I feel asleep because it was like 5am, and I had to be up at 7am..

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I used to read Laurlene McDaniel's books and still have some, but they get me wayyyy too emotional and wrapped up!

I read the first in the Abram's Daughter's series just before Thanksgiving (that is one of Beverly Lewis' titles correct?) and though it had me glued to it, in the end it made me mad! I want happy endings!
I ended up leaving it at my Grandmother's for her to read.

I finished the section about 5 or 10 minutes ago. So I guess I can go to bed now! Except that it has me kinda worked up too!
You have to be patient with Beverly Lewis. If you get to the last book in the series, you'll get your happy ending. The main characters have to go through trials and tribulations first.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

omg Emily, how on earth are you allowed to scoop first & feed Anya 2nd?!
my 2 would surely be plotting my demise the whole time I was scooping....
"hmmmm
if I run between her legs she'll trip & fall & bang her head on the door knob...whaddaya think?!"
First off...
I got a mental image of that.

With her its the opposite. She's all about a clean litter box. She sits there and waits impatiently while I finish and I barely have the scooper out of the way and she's in there doing her business. I usually just sit and wait and then scoop that out too.

Then she runs off to play. She's never been uber excited about dinner time though. She has dry food out all day so maybe that's part of it.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I used to read Laurlene McDaniel's books and still have some, but they get me wayyyy too emotional and wrapped up!

I read the first in the Abram's Daughter's series just before Thanksgiving (that is one of Beverly Lewis' titles correct?) and though it had me glued to it, in the end it made me mad! I want happy endings!
I ended up leaving it at my Grandmother's for her to read.

I finished the section about 5 or 10 minutes ago. So I guess I can go to bed now! Except that it has me kinda worked up too!
Yes, that is one of her sets of books.Right now, I'm reading Annie's People.
Lurlene does get really sad.But, I read them and then think how lucky I am.
You have to be patient with Beverly Lewis. If you get to the last book in the series, you'll get your happy ending. The main characters have to go through trials and tribulations first.
YES, I agree!!!! I am on the 3rd one and I was getting upset.But, now things are coming together and I know they'll be right in the end.

I still suggest Rober Morgans Gap Creek!! It is a MUST read book. I have read it 3 times and still go back to it.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And at least Annie's people only had 3 books in the series. Bet you can guess one of the big events by the end of the 1st book, but you'll have to wait til the 3rd on to find out. Her books are really quick reads too. Although they make me feel really lazy. those women were always working--cleaning everything and cooking everything from scratch.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I am reading THE most boring book right now..I literally read 2 pages a night...I can't get through it....BUT I refuse to not finish a book I have started..what a freak I am

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

I don't know if I'm patient enough for that!

And at least Annie's people only had 3 books in the series. Bet you can guess one of the big events by the end of the 1st book, but you'll have to wait til the 3rd on to find out. Her books are really quick reads too. Although they make me feel really lazy. those women were always working--cleaning everything and cooking everything from scratch.
Same here! If I didn't know an Amish family through my mother, I'd think it was just completely fictional!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, I knew about "***" from the first book.

I keep saying I don't think I could live like that.Being shunned for my Christian beliefs.But, that is their way of thinking and living.