Munchkin Cat Pregnant? So Confused 🙀

KymKC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone, My Ragdoll Munchkin Dream came in her first heat on Valentine's Day at 13 months old & she mated for several days with my Himalayan Maine Coon.
She went out of heat in 2 days so I was hopeful she was pregnant.
Today is 8 weeks, her nipples are barely pink but have gotten bigger as I couldn't even find them before.
She is hungrier & I've started adding kitten food for extra nutrients & she comes to me more for affection
My confusion is she's not any bigger as far as I can tell & I don't feel any kitten movement when she'll allow me to check.
I've never seen anything like this 🙀
The breeder I got her from says all cats are different & she maybe just having a small litter. Possibly only one but I would think I'd still feel something.
I figure she's due around April 17th if she's pregnant. Does anyone have any expertise in this topic?
I've searched this site & didn't see any situations like this so I'm hoping someone can help.
I've attached recent pictures.
Thanks in Advance & I Love The Cat Site 😻

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KymKC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I Appreciate That!!! Guess I'll know something in a week or so 😊

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
An ultrasound or x-ray at the vet will answer your question about a pregnancy.

Did you deliberately let them mate?

KymKC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
An ultrasound or x-ray at the vet will answer your question about a pregnancy.

Did you deliberately let them mate?
I took them to the vet about 2 weeks after they mated to get their nails cut. He said he'd check her after a month. Unfortunately Corona Virus struck & they're only taking emergency visits.
Yes I mated them on purpose!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to understand the intention, what is the purpose of breeding mix breed cats? That is 4 different breeds you mentioned. Each prone to their own genetic issues/illnesses and munchkins are already a deformity.

KymKC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just to understand the intention, what is the purpose of breeding mix breed cats? That is 4 different breeds you mentioned. Each prone to their own genetic issues/illnesses and munchkins are already a deformity.
Her Mom is a Munchkin, Dad Ragdoll. You can't breed short leg to short leg, that's where they get the fatal gene.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also what kind of health testing did the person you got them from do to ensure these guys aren't carrying any genetic conditions that will be passed down to the offspring? Do they have some sort of paperwork saying they are mixes of the breeds you listed? Where did they come from?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Vets in my area are still seeing dogs and cats for regular appointments, however they take them at curbside from you, so I forgot that not all vets are doing that. Unfortunately, I think you will have to wait this out for a couple more weeks to see if she goes into labor. Keep us posted!

KymKC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also what kind of health testing did the person you got them from do to ensure these guys aren't carrying any genetic conditions that will be passed down to the offspring? Do they have some sort of paperwork saying they are mixes of the breeds you listed? Where did they come from?
My
While I appreciate your concern she came from a very reputable breeder who's bred Munchkins forever. I do have thorough vet paperwork on her. This wasn't what my post was about but Thanks for your input.

KymKC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Vets in my area are still seeing dogs and cats for regular appointments, however they take them at curbside from you, so I forgot that not all vets are doing that. Unfortunately, I think you will have to wait this out for a couple more weeks to see if she goes into labor. Keep us posted!
I'm in Kansas City & they're pretty strict on the Emergency thing. Today I'm thinking she's not but tomorrow will probably be different lol. Definitely Will 👍 Thank You

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, but you joined a very very pro spay and neuter forum who is concerned about preserving purebred cats, and practicing adoption over backyard breeding or breeding for no real purpose, so we have to ask for the welfare of the kitties. That is why I asked what the purpose of breeding them is?

KymKC

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know, but you joined a very very pro spay and neuter forum who is concerned about preserving purebred cats, and practicing adoption over backyard breeding or breeding for no real purpose, so we have to ask for the welfare of the kitties. That is why I asked what the purpose of breeding them is?
I've read 100's of pregnant cat post on here & have never seen anyone else questioned about their cat being pregnant or bred. I'm not debating with you what to do with my Cat or her kittens, they'll go to my family who are responsible pet owners & lovers just like me.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE: Yes, this is a pro-spay and neuter site. However, please remember that the purpose of this forum is to help members with pregnant cats, not judge why or how the cat got pregnant. Please review the rules for this forum.

Replying to Questions by those Caring for Pregnant Cats or Kittens?
The focus of this forum is to assist those who may find themselves having to care for a pregnant cat or to hand-raise kittens NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCE UNDER WHICH THE CAT CAME TO BE PREGNANT.

The rule is that NO ONE should be judgmental of anyone posting a request for assistance - please do not automatically cite all the good reasons why a cat should be spayed or neutered. This only serves to alienate those who might otherwise be helped here and perhaps forever turn them off from seeking our help. Also, it's generally kinder to ask a few questions instead of jumping to negative conclusions and lecturing newcomers about things that might or might not be relevant to their situation.

The focus of this Forum is to assist those who, for WHATEVER reason, may find themselves the primary caregiver to a pregnant cat or orphaned kittens. It is NOT to focus of this Forum to judge anyone requesting assistance. In order to reach as many people as we can with the message of responsible cat care, we must always always always remember to treat everyone here with kindness, consideration and respect. We want to make this a safe, comfortable place for everyone, regardless of their circumstances, to ask questions and seek assistance. As with any other forum here on TCS, namecalling will not be tolerated. Specifically in this forum, accusing someone of being a backyard breeder will be considered namecalling.