Munchie's Many Issues

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great!! I'm glad to hear that you're "suffering" what us other raw makers suffer...foot traffic!

marshmallow2013

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been following your thread about Munchie, just like Go Holistic's boy, Sebastian..

So nice to hear, your cute boy, Munchie is doing awesome this week. 

Love to Munchie,  from Mittens and me.
Hope he keeps improving!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Munchie is doing awesome.  He is down to 14.54# and is eating really good.  His respiratory issues are non existent now, no more congestion, no more sneezing, nothing.  So I am very happy with that.  He is getting the liquid zithromycin every 3 days for about another month, even though he is better just to make sure.  He too is getting more active, just tonight he was chasing Mercedes through the house....he NEVER did that before he lost the weight and got on meds for his arthritis.  I love that I have my peppy little boy back.  He also no longer clears the room when he potties which is really good.  He was very rank on canned food.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!  He's lost more weight this week, he is down to 14.40#.  I am a very happy mama!  I love how active he is becoming.  I hear him chasing after the other cats all the time now.  He had his last set of the 6 adequan injections today so will need another one in a month or two depending on how he does.  He is eating fairly well, some days I think he just wants a spoonful of canned food in with it.  His respiratory infection is pretty much gone and he is improved in that regard quite a bit. 

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yay!  He's lost more weight this week, he is down to 14.40#.  I am a very happy mama!  I love how active he is becoming.  I hear him chasing after the other cats all the time now.  He had his last set of the 6 adequan injections today so will need another one in a month or two depending on how he does.  He is eating fairly well, some days I think he just wants a spoonful of canned food in with it.  His respiratory infection is pretty much gone and he is improved in that regard quite a bit. 
More great news...love it! So do you think his improvement is attributed to any one thing? Or a combination of things? I know you added several treatments - Microlactin, Adequan, raw diet, etc.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

More great news...love it! So do you think his improvement is attributed to any one thing? Or a combination of things? I know you added several treatments - Microlactin, Adequan, raw diet, etc.
I think it's a combo of things.  He's on his new heart medicine (it took forever to find) and he is on the microlactin and adequan and the raw diet.  I think it's the combo of things as I also added homeopathic remedies for his respiratory and his arthritis which I think are helping as well.  I am really happy with his progress.  Next we will work with some chinese medicine treatments, but my holistic vet didn't want to overload his system so we are giving things time to work before adding in new treatments.  He can have another cardiac ultrasound in a month or two, hopefully this time now that he will be able to breath he will do better with it and be able to have the entire ultrasound.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I could tell a difference in Grey (RIP) when I went over 6 weeks on her Adequan.  She did better when I kept a consistent amount in her body at 4 week intervals. 

I'm glad things are going so well!

Last edited:

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy....poor  Munchie isn't doing very good.  He hasn't eaten much on his own since Sunday, he has had maybe a bite of tuna fish and a couple pieces of kibble from his sister Mini Dee's food.  He is still purring up a storm, but he isn't wanting to be in the office with us and he's been hiding.  I took him to work with me yesterday and we were so crazy busy we didn't have time to get to him until close to closing time so we ran a CBC on him and it was normal, no infections or anything.  So I am syringe feeding him his raw (yeppers that I am) .  Going to take him back to work with me tomorrow and run a full blood panel on him and maybe xrays. 

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I'm sorry Munchie is not feeling well. 
  I hope this is just a little hiccup that will pass soon.

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of  
that its nothing too serious, and that he will start to eat on his own again soon! ...

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So they gave him some valium (appetite stimulant) and OMG he ate 3/4 of a can of i/d like he hadn't eaten in a year......he is not interested in his dinner but considering that was at 4pm I'm going to take it as a good sign.  Nothing wrong on his bloodwork, so he's just being a turkey.  We are giving him some antacids in case he has a tummy upset. 

K now I'm starting to think there is something wrong with this last batch of raw that I made.  Started a new bag (weeks worth) of the premixed that I make and that was when Munchie quit eating.  Well the last few meals DeeJay has only eaten maybe 1/2 of her food.  I just let munchie out of the hallway (where I feed him) and he ran to Cede's bowl and finished up her canned food with gusto.

Last edited:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad that he ate! Hmm...not sure about the raw. I mean, I've heard that this can happen...batches varying and what not. 

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Munchie update:  He is doing really well, he has lost more weight (good thing though) and is eating really well.  His limit is only 2 eggs per the weekly batch (shared with DeeJay) so they are getting roughly 1 egg each a week.  If I add more eggs he won't touch his food.  He is getting a lot more playful and more energetic too.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great news!  More playful and energetic is always a good thing (unless you're trying to sleep
)