mum n kittens help

peni

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I am after some advice my cat has 11 week old kittens and has just started to bite and hold down her babies. Untill they cry out. She does let them wean n feed on her still but not foe long. When she comes in from outside she meows for her babies but when they go to her she walks away from them amd the babies meow after her. My main concern is the biting as two of them are now limping after she bit there leg I really am unsure how to deal witb it and why she is doing this can anyone help thankyou

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's kicking them out of the nest.  In the wild, at 11 weeks, they are almost old enough to be on their own.  So mom is telling them, a bit roughly, perhaps, that its time to grow up and stop nursing.

Is mom spayed?  If not, time to do that.  If she's been outside, she may already be pregnant again, which is another reason she may be impatient with this litter.  Get her spayed as soon as possible.

The kittens will need to be spayed or neutered as soon as possible, too.  Otherwise, you're going to have a lot more problems.