Mum-in-Law on the Way? Here are a few hints!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy, having ONE bad MIL is hell! How you went on with the second I can't imagine.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cilla

Cindy, having ONE bad MIL is hell! How you went on with the second I can't imagine.
Ah, the things one does, when one is young and libidinous!

MIL #1 had the nerve to come into MY home and proceed to tell my just what I should cook, how I should decorate and how to raise MY child. Once, on a camping trip, she threw a can opener at me.

MIL #2 offered me $10,000 CASH, to give her custody of Mark. She had already screwed up one son - did she think that I was going to let her screw up mine?

Since that time, I have tended toward men whose mothers are either dead or living clear across the country. According to Bill, HIS mother would have hated me, simply because she hated EVERYBODY. She died three months before I met Bill.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy you were well rid of your MILs. Thankfully there are some wonderful ones about. One thing our furbabes don't have to worry about.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And might I also note....I have been married twice and the best (and pretty much only) thing I miss about my first hubby is his parents...they were great, and I loved them to peices. I called them mom and dad for the 8 years we were married. But he was mentally abusive and staying with him was really not an option...but when we divorced, I cried like crazy...over losing his PARENTS! *sigh*

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby, sorry you had to go through that. When I split up with my first husband I did not miss his mother, but I cried over his father, he was a brilliant man, and like a father to me.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother had more than her fair share of MIL problems, too. My dad's parents came to visit, twice a year and his mother would spend the entire week, raving about what a wonderful person his first wife was and how much she loved her. Needless to say, this did not endear her to Mom or my dad. If B__ was such a wonderful person, my dad would still be married to her!

In addition, MIL would start right in, cleaning Mom's house. Mom put up with it, for 10 years, in order to keep the peace. My dad hadn't said anything because Mom hadn't. Finally, Mom blew and told the old biddy off and said that, if B__ was so great, MIL should go inflict herself on HER, twice a year. MIL promptly faked a heart attack (too much "Sanford & Son). Mom knew she was faking but, called paramedics, anyway. When THEY found out that she was faking, the captain royally reamed her. Someone in real need could have died, while they were dealing with her histrionics. Through all of this, Pop backed MOM, to the hilt.

Mom and I always felt sorry for Grandpa. He was such a nice man and never bothered anyone. If he could/would have visited without her, everything would have been fine. She was always so nasty and hateful to him, too.

Having both had awful MILs, Mom and I never dump on our kids' spouses. Mom hasn't liked most of them but, she won't interfere.