Multi cats

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Kittens are normally easily excepted by older cats as they don't see them as a threat. They just tend to see them as big pain in the butt LOL
Adult cats see other adult cats as a threat and it takes a lot of time and a lot of patience to get them together. The trick is not to rush. If you do, you end up having to start all over again and it then takes even longer. :D

catlover1991

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well last week we adopted a  year old cat from a shelter.. and we already had a cat that was around one and we have had him since he was four months. All he wants to do is play and chase the older cat around and I think he would be fine if the younger one would leave him alone but I have them separated right now and they seem to be calm and collected . I am going to wait a few days before I try to get them to interact face to face again. I dont want to push the older cat to far since he is an elder. 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Aww your older cat has got it pretty bad a the moment. Not only is he in a strange new place but he's got an annoying teenage that won't stop pestering him.