Muffin's kitten--Cupcake

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with you - if you can handle her enough to get her to the vet when needed, she's socialized.  The cat in my avatar allows a ten second head scritch every few days.  Other than that, he is happy to entertain himself.  I think he's probably the happiest cat in the house!

Good work.  So glad Muffin brought her to you!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think things are going really well.  You are right that eventually you will get used to the other cats and be out and about.  If she never wants pets that's ok too.  She is off the streets and in a warm loving environment. 

Keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the first time, today Cupcake played with me with a feather wand toy. She didn't leave the cat tree, but she did come out of the cubby hole a bit and was batting it around. I know she's playing with her cat toys at night in her room because they're moved all over the place. She's still very timid and fearful, but it was nice to see her act like a normal kitten today. I have both windows in her room open, and she hasn't tried to push through the screens or jump through them. I don't know how much of this is due to fear, or due to her not really wanting to get out. Harry and her were touching noses yesterday, but today when she got out of her room, I think he was a bit too feisty and she ran amuck for 15 minutes before I got her to run back into her room. I'm just glad that instead of having to fend for herself and a litter of kittens outside, she's able to act like a kitten herself. She'll learn to stand up to the big boys in time, and she does like Harry, though he can also be a bossy big brother. When she does feel comfortable having the run of the house, I have a feeling she's going to be quite feisty herself.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cupcake is doing really well. She now has the run of the house, though the cat tree in her room is her fortress. She and her bug brother Harry horseplay and he's quite protective of her. She is becoming more comfortable around the 3 other cats besides Harry. She loves to play with all the toys and no longer hides. She's still quite skittish around me but that will change in time. She doesn't cry or seem to want to go outside. She is enjoying being a kitten. I know Muffin is smiling down on us.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She looks so happy and relaxed.  She will bring your household great love and joy!  Muffin is certainly smiling down and very happy that is Cupcake is with you!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Following this in the background but had to come and say how wonderful Cupcake looks.   Time can work such wonders, as can your love and care.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cupcake seems to be a very happy kitten. She plays a lot with Harry, and here is a pic of her with my geriatric cat, Leo. I still can't pet her, but she doesn't run away from me anymore when she sees me so she's getting comfortable with me. Thanks for all of your support! Now my biggest problem is waking up at 4am when she and Harry are running all over my house!

Last edited:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow!  She is doing great and fitting right in with the rest of the crew!  So glad she is out and about with everyone else.  This is such a wonderful story!

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to give an update on my feral kitten, Cupcake, who has been living inside with me and my other 4 cats for four months now. She is completely at home and seems to love her new life. She adores my two young male cats, Harry and Sonny, and because she is so very tiny for her age, they allow her to nuzzle them and follow them around. She is getting comfortable with me and has slept on my lap in bed at night a few times. She still doesn't want to be petted and jumps away, but she'll play with my fingers and bat at my hands without using her claws (a month ago age would have torn them off lol), so I think we're on the right track. She loves to play with her toys and with me. She is so adorable and fun--it's hard to believe she was completely wild four months ago. Thanks for all your support. She truly has Muffin''s face and a piece of his soul.

Last edited:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much for the update!  She does look so much like Muffin.  I am so happy you rescued her and she is doing so well.  I bet more pets will come as time goes on.  How sweet that Harry and Sonny and Cupcake have all bonded.

You are an angel for saving her!