Much better day today!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a much better day today. Yesterday the girl I was being orientated with was mad/angry and took it all out on me.

Today there was a clinic. I told her that I would like to do the computer aspect of it because that is where I feel there has been a deficiency in my orientation thus far because there just hasn't been computer opportunities.

So I ended up doing not only the charting, but the majority of the patient assessments too.
She was there as a resource for me and also picked up the slack because I'm new and still learning all kinds of stuff.

We finished clinic and charting by 2pm or so and after that she went over a bunch of things that were on my orientation list for today.

I'm still loving it! Best decision I ever made. And I absolutely love wearing my own clothing to work instead of a uniform. I actually find myself doing up my hair and putting makeup on again. Something I never bothered with when I was going to work at my old job because I would just sweat off the makeup and my hair would melt from not only the heat but from being all hot and sweaty from running around.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to know things are getting better at your new job. Hope it gets better and better. You seem to love your job and not many people can say that so enjoy it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I do!!! I'm actually having FUN! And my brain is being stimulated big time! My learning curve is straight up!

And I found out yesterday that because I'm full time, permanent, that if I wanted to go back to school and get my Baccalaureate Degree that the company I'm working for will pay 100% of my tuition and books for the entire program. It would obviously have to be done on a part time basis which would take probably 4 years or so. And then if I wanted to go on to my Masters or Nurse Practitioner they would pay the cost for that too.

Not sure if I want to take my nursing education any higher than it is, other than with some Oncology courses. But I'll give it some thought.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Linda that is wonderful!!!
I'm soo glad to hear today was good for you, you deserve it!!